Berlin, Sachsenhausen & Postdam
Visit key WW2 sites including Hitler’s Bunker and also discover life behind the Iron Curtain in East Berlin. A truly remarkable tour.
Day 1 – Berlin
Fly from Dublin to Berlin. Meet your Tour Manager on arrival and transfer by executive coach to your hotel for check-in. This afternoon enjoy a walking tour of Berlin covering key WW2 and Soviet places including the Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, the site of Hitler’s Bunker, Plotzensee Memorial Complex, Stauffenberg Museum and execution place at the Bendlerblock, the site of Gestapo Headquarters, Checkpoint Charlie, Alexanderplatz, and the remains of the Berlin Wall. Continue to your hotel for check-in and overnight.
Day 2 – Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp & Potsdam
Breakfast at your hotel. Visit the evocative Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and Museum in morning. Sachsenhausen was one of the main concentration camps in Nazi Germany, purposely built in 1936 by the SS. It was the second major camp to be built after Dachau and was intended to set a standard for other concentration camps, both in its design and the treatment of prisoners. In the afternoon we continue onto beautiful Potsdam via Glienick Bridge, known as the Bridge of Spies during the height of the Cold War. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – STASI Headquarters & the Wall Memorial Bernauer Straße
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit the former STASI Headquarters. Learn first-hand of the harsh regime those in East Germany lived under and discover the massive surveillance apparatus of the GDR’s secret police. Walking along the bare, red-carpeted corridors and looking at the busts of Lenin and Felix Dzerzhinsky, models for both the KGB and Stasi, it all seems part of a distant past, not an era which ended only in 1990. You will also visit the Wall Memorial Bernauer Straße, where you learn all about the former death strip which separated Berlin and we have a close look at the Soviet War Memorial in Treptower Park. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Today enjoy free time in Berlin for sightseeing, shopping and exploring at leisure before your evening flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Berlin including taxes & charges
- Tour manager, professional historian guide & executive coach transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in the Park Inn Hotel located in the centre of Berlin. Includes bed and breakfast. Based on twin share.
- Guided tour of Berlin covering key WW2 and Soviet sites including Hitler’s Bunker, the SS and Gestapo Topography of Terror, Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall Documentation Centre
- Visit to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial including a guided tour
- Visit to the notorious STASI Headquarters
- Visit to the beautiful city of Potsdam, stopping at the famous Bridge of Spies en route
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping of your own choice.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €110pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €19pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Berlin||TBA||06:50 / 09:40||2h 15m|
|TBA||Berlin / Dublin||TBA||21:40 / 22:20||2h 15m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533