WW2: Berlin & The Cold War
WW2: Berlin & The Cold War
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Phone us on 01-8434734
Experience the fascinating history of Berlin – headquartered by Nazis, heavily bombed & divided in two. Visit key WW2 sites, walk along remnants of the Berlin Wall and discover life behind the Iron Curtain.
This tour takes you on the incredible journey of Berlin from WW2 to the fall of the Berlin wall.
The city was the heart of the Cold War. Learn all about the 44 year conflict that split the city and its people in two.
The Bridge of Spies, Potsdam, Teufelsberg (also known as Devil’s Mountain), the Stasi Museum, and many more important sites are included in this absolutely fascinating tour.
Day 1 – Berlin Walking Tour
Fly from Dublin to Berlin. Meet your Tour Manager on arrival and transfer by executive coach to your hotel for check-in. This afternoon enjoy a walking tour of Berlin covering key WW2 and Soviet locations including the Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, the site of Hitler’s Bunker, Soviet Memorial at Tiergarden Stauffenberg Museum, Bendlerblock, the site of Gestapo Headquarters, Checkpoint Charlie, Alexanderplatz, and the remains of the Berlin Wall. Continue to your hotel for check-in and overnight.
Day 2 – Tour to Potsdam
Breakfast at your hotel. On this day you will visit get on a bus and visit Potsdam.
The renowned Glienicke Bridge will be crossed by your bus. Known as The Bridge of Spies because it served as a place where captured spies could be exchanged during the Cold War. On this day you will see locations of significant historical events such as the Wannsee Conference and the Potsdam Conference. You will also explore the Soviet war Cemetery and Teufelsberg – known as Devil’s Mountain; is an unnatural hill made of WW2 debris and was the site of a huge U.S. listening station during the Cold War
Day 3 – Treptower Park and STASI headquarters
To start off today’s tour, we’ll take a detailed look at the Soviet War Memorial in Treptower Park before moving on to the former Stasi Headquarters. Learn first-hand about the oppressive government that East Germans endured while also learning about the GDR’s secret police’s extensive surveillance network.
Looking at the busts of Lenin and Felix Dzerzhinsky, who served as models for both the KGB and Stasi, as one walks along the empty, red-carpeted corridors, it all appears like it belongs to a time that ended long ago rather than the 1990s. Additionally, you will go to the Wall Memorial Bernauer Straße to learn more about the huge wall that once divided Berlin.
Day 4 – Free Time to explore Berlin
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Today enjoy free time in Berlin for sightseeing, shopping, and exploring at leisure before your evening flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Berlin including taxes & charges
- Local tour manager, professional historian guide and executive coach transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in Leonardo Royal Berlin Alexanderplatz in Berlin with Breakfast.
- Guided tour of Berlin covering key WW2 and Soviet sites including Führerbunker – Hitler’s Bunker, the SS and Gestapo Topography of Terror, Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall Memorial & Documentation Centre.
- Full day visit to Potsdam. See the locations where both the Wannasee conference and the Potsdam conference took place. Visit the Soviet War Cemetery and Teufelsberg (aka Devil’s Mountain).
- Visit to the Soviet War Memorial in Treptower Park.
- Visit to the Stasi Museum, the former headquarters of the Stasi Police
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €135pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €24pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Send us an enquiry
Do you have any questions?
Call us today for a no-obligation consultation with one of our group tour specialists.