WW1: Istanbul & Gallipoli Battlefields
WW1: Istanbul & Gallipoli Battlefields
Select available date to book this holiday. Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Phone us on 01-8434734
Istanbul, Troy & the Helles Memorial
Join us on this 7 day tour to vibrant Istanbul and the Gallipoli Battlefields and discover an amazing history, magnificent architecture and age old traditions.
We’re offering a €50 discount per person for groups of four or more on all our Battlefield tours mention the offer in ‘Special requests ‘ when booking so we can make sure you get your discount.
Day 1 – Dublin to Istanbul
Take a flight from Dublin to Istanbul to begin this one-of-a-kind journey. Meet your local GTI contact and be transferred to your hotel by executive coach. Enjoy a rooftop terrace dinner in a local restaurant on your first night, then retire to your hotel for the evening.
Day 2 – The Trojan wars, Renkioki and Canakkale
After breakfast, leave the hotel and travel to Canakkale. You will make a pit stop on ro ute at the impressive excavations at Troy, the setting of the fabled Trojan Wars and the iconic Wooden Horse of Troy. Renkioki Hospital will also be a destination on your itinerary. When you get to Canakkale, check into your hotel and stay the night.
Day 3 – Anzac Cove and the Sulva Bay area
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will take the ferry to explore Anzac Cove and the Sulva Bay area. First you will stop at the Gaba Tepe information centre before continuing along the Chunik Bair road. Visits today include some increcible locations including, Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Johnston’s Jolly, 57th Infantry Regiment Memorial, Walker’s Ridge, The Nek, Hill 10, Green Hill Cemetery, Scimitar Hill Cemeter & lala Baba CW. After a jam packed day enjoy dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cannakale.
Day 4 – The Helles Sector location of the Helles Landings
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is a full day excursion to the Helles Sector, location of mismanaged landings commaded by British comander Major General Alymer Hunter-Weston. Visit Doughty-Wylie’s Grave, V Beach, Helles Memorial, W Beach, Alcitepe Village & Ecebat. Return to your hotel in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – Bosphorus Strait
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and check out of the hotel. Leave Canakkale for Istanbul.
Today you will also enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait a very important geographic and political location. The Bosporus is the only way for Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia (south-western part) and Ukraine to reach the Mediterranean Sea and other seas. This cruise will feature such sights as the Ottoman Waterfront palaces and some incredible landscapes. Check in to your hotel in Istanbul for overnight.
Day 6 – Istanbul
Breakfast at your hotel Visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, and the Underground Cistern as part of a guided walking tour of Sultanahmet, the heart of Old Istanbul, before moving on to the vibrant Grand Bazar and Egyptian Spice Markets. Afternoon free time and your last night in the hotel.
Day 7 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel before and check out. Transfer to Istanbul Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines including taxes & charges
- Local tour manager, professional historian guide and executive coach transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in 4* Midtown Hotel in Istanbul or similar with breakfast each morning. (1 night at the start and 2 nights at the end of the tour)
- 3 nights accommodation in 5* Kolin Hotel in Canakkale or similar with breakfast each morning
- 4 evening meals – Dinner in a local restaurant in Istanbul and 3 meals at your hotel in Canakkale
- Visit to the famous excavations of ancient Troy
- Full day exploring Anzac Cove & Suvla Bay
- Full day excursion to the Helles Sector
- Cruise on the Bosphorus Strait
- Guided walking tour of Sultanahmet
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping of your own choice in Istanbul and Cannakale
Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €235pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Send us an enquiry
Do you have any questions?
Call us today for a no-obligation consultation with one of our group tour specialists.