Istanbul, Troy & the Helles Memorial
Join us on this 7 day tour to vibrant Istanbul and the Gallipoli Battlefields and discover an amazing history, magnificent architecture and age old traditions.
Day 1 – Dublin to Istanbul
Fly from Dublin to Istanbul. Meet your local GTI representative for transfer by executive coach to your hotel. Enjoy a roof top terrace dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight Istanbul.
Day 2 – Troy
Breakfast & check out of your hotel and depart for Canakkale. En route you will stop at the remarkable excavations at Troy, the site of the legendary Trojan Wars and the famous Wooden Horse of Troy. You will also have a visit to Renkioki Hospital. Arrive at Canakkale and check in to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – Anzac Cove
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will take the ferry to explore Anzac Cove and the Sulva Bay area. First you will stop at the Gaba Tepe information centre before continuing along the Chunik Bair road. Visits today include Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Johnston’s Jolly, 57th Infantry Regiment Memorial, Walker’s Ridge, The Nek, Hill 10, Green Hill Cemetery, Scimitar Hill Cemeter & lala Baba CW. Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cannakale.
Day 4 – Helles Sector
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is a full day excursion to the Helles Sector. Visit Doughty-Wylie’s Grave, V Beach, Helles Memorial, W Beach, Alcitepe Village & Ecebat. Return to your hotel in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – Bosphorus Strait
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Depart Canakkale for Istanbul. Today you will also enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait. Check in to your hotel in Istanbul for overnight.
Day 6 – Istanbul
Breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy a guided walking tour of Sultanahmet, the soul of Old Istanbul including visits to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Underground Cistern before continuing to the colourful Grand Baazar and Egyption Spice Markets. Free time in the afternoon and overnight in Istanbul.
Day 7 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to Istanbul Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines including taxes & charges
- Local tour manager, professional historian guide and executive coach transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in 4* Midtown Hotel in Istanbul or similar with breakfast each morning. (1 night at the start and 2 nights at the end of the tour)
- 3 nights accommodation in 5* Kolin Hotel in Canakkale or similar with breakfast each morning
- 4 evening meals – Dinner in a local restaurant in Istanbul and 3 meals at your hotel in Canakkale
- Visit to the famous excavations of ancient Troy
- Full day exploring Anzac Cove & Suvla Bay
- Full day excursion to the Helles Sector
- Cruise on the Bosphorus Strait
- Guided walking tour of Sultanahmet
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping of your own choice in Istanbul and Cannakale
Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €235pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Istanbul / Dublin||TK1977||
All flight times are local and subject to change
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+3.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533