Discover the distinctive culture & breath-taking scenery of Austria on this wonderful 8-day escorted holiday. Begin in the ‘City of Romance & Music’, Vienna, continue to Salzburg, visit Berchtesgaden & end on a high in Innsbruck!
Day 1 – Dublin to Vienna
Depart Dublin and fly directly to Vienna. On arrival meet your local tour manager and enjoy a guided city tour of beautiful Vienna including the famous Ringstrasse, the Opera House, the Burg Theatre and Vienna’s stunning cathedral. Transfer to your hotel in the early evening for check in and evening at leisure. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Vienna
8Breakfast at your hotel. This morning is free to spend at your leisure in Vienna before the start of a guided tour in the early evening first visiting the iconic Schönbrunn Palace and gardens. In the evening the group will have an option to attend a Strauss & Mozart concert at the beautiful Kursalon. The Kursalon is a famous site in the Stadtpark Gardens of Vienna. Built in 1865 this fascinating building is popular for concerts, balls and evening meals. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Wachau Valley
Breakfast at your hotel and checkout. This morning the group will depart Vienna and travel west towards the stunning city of Salzburg, surrounded by a beautiful alpine backdrop and the site of some of the most famous scenes from the iconic 1965 musical The Sound of Music. En route to Salzburg, there will be a visit to the Wachau Valley including the pretty village of Durnstein, a relaxing cruise on the Danube from Spitz to Melk and a guided tour of the Abbey of Melk. Continue onwards to Salzburg for check-in and evening at leisure. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Salzburg
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning the group will depart for a fully guided walking tour of Salzburg passing sites such as the birthplace of Mozart before an afternoon free to spend at leisure. Today, guests will have the option of taking part in The Sound of Music Tour (bookable & payable locally) passing by some of the areas where the movie was shot. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to explore Salzburg at your leisure or visit Salzkammergut, Hallstatt and Bad Ischl (bookable and payable locally). Overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – Berchtesgaden
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Today the group will travel north to the picturesque town of Berchtesgaden, situated in the striking Bavarian Alps close to the border of Austria and home to Hitler’s infamous alpine fortress, the Eagle’s Nest. Enjoy a unique visit to the fortress followed by a visit to the documentation centre and bunkers. Transfer to Pil in the early evening for check-in and evening meal at your hotel. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Innsbruck & the Tyrol
Breakfast at your hotel. The group will depart this morning for a guided tour of the Tyrol including the beautiful capital, Innsbruck and the Northern Chain Mountains. Return to your hotel in the early evening for a farewell group dinner at your hotel. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 8 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to Munich for your return flight to Dublin.
- Aer Lingus flights Dublin to Vienna and Munich to Dublin including taxes & charges
- Tour manager, professional local guides and executive coach transfers
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4* Hotel Bellevue Wien Vienna, including breakfast
- 3 nights accommodation at the 4* Hotel Heffterhof Salzburg, including breakfast
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4* Hotel Tyrol Obsteig, including breakfast or similar
- 2 evening meals throughout the tour
- Guided sightseeing tour of Vienna including the famous Ringstrasse, the Opera House and the Burg Theatre
- Visit to the famous Schonbrunn Palace, the former Imperial Residence
- Guided tour of the stunning Wachau Valley of the Danube including a boat trip from Spitz to Melk
- Guided sightseeing tour of the baroque city of Salzburg including Mozart’s birthplace
- Visit to Berchtesgaden including the infamous Eagle’s Nest
- Guided sightseeing tour of Innsbruck, the capital of the Tyrol
- Optional classical night at the Kursalon including a Strauss & Mozart concert – bookable & payable locally
- Optional Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg – bookable & payable locally
- Optional visit to Salzkammergut including St Gilgen, Lake Wolfgang, Hallstatt and Bad Ischl – bookable & payable locally
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €219pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary.
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Aer Lingus||Dublin / Vienna||EI 664||12:15 / 16:00||2h 45m|
|Aer Lingus||Munich / Dublin||EI 357||20:25 / 21:55||2h 30m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Austria
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533