Join this amazing 4-day tour as we reveal the secrets of the Third Reich. Based in Munich the tour explores Hitler’s rise to power and brings to light how the Nazi State changed under his tyrannical Dictatorship. .
Fly from Dublin to Munich. Meet your Tour Manager at Munich Airport and transfer by coach to your hotel for check-in. Walk from the hotel to Lowenbrau for lunch at own expense. In 1923, this beer hall was the location of the unsuccessful Beer Hall Putsch which Adolf Hitler led against the government. Continue to the city centre for a guided tour of Munich, visiting key Third Reich history sites including the mass rally square Konigsplatz, the Nazi powerbase at Brienner Strausse and Fuhrerbau,the site of the infamous Munich Agreement. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 2 – Dachau Concentration Camp, Lietenburg Hill & Deutsches Museum
Breakfast at your hotel. Full day tour with a guided tour of Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site and Museum – the only camp open for the whole duration of the Third Reich. A broad range of different aspects of camp life are discussed during its different periods of operation right through to the liberation in April 1945. Visit the SS Shooting range and Lietenburg Hill and the pretty town of Dachau, a stark contrast during WW2 to the neighbouring camp. Contunie to Deutsches Museum Flugwerft Oberschleißheim, an aviation museum with many aerospace exhibits on display including fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters and aircraft engines. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Berchtesgaden & The Eagle’s Nest
Breakfast at your hotel. Full day tour to Berchtesgaden, an area purchased by the Nazi’s in the 1940’s for senior members to enjoy. Visit the famous Eagle’s Nest, the Documentation Centre and the extensive underground bunkers and tunnels. This area high in the Alps was Hitler’s mountain retreat, home to the Nazi-leadership and Hitler’s second seat of government. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Free time & Depart
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Free time to enjoy Munich before transferring to Munich Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Munich including taxes & charges
- Professional historian guide & executive coach transfers
- 3 nights at the 4* Europa Hotel located in the heart of beautiful Munich including breakfast (or similar)
- Guided sightseeing tour of Munich, capital of the Third Reich movement. On this tour you will see where the Nazi party was formed, Hitler´s Offices where the Munich agreement was signed, key parade grounds and much more
- Visit to Lowenbrau beer hall
- Guided tour of Dachau Concentration Camp
- Visit to Lietenburg Hill
- Excursion to Berchtesgaden, Obersalzberg and the infamous Eagles Nest
- Visit to Deutsches Museum Flugwerft Oberschleißheim, aviation museum
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping at leisure
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €129pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €24pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotel, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Munich||TBA||07:20 / 10:45|| |
|TBA||20:20 / 21:55|| |
All flight times are local and subject to change
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533