Chester, York & Windemere
Discover the beauty and charm of this unique corner of England on this agricultural holiday. Enjoy including guided tours of historic Chester, romantic York. See Emmerdale Country in the market town of Otley & the village of Esholt. Visit Haworth Village & the Brontë Parsonage.
Yorkshire & The Lake District
6 Days/ 5 Nights
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements!
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Meet coach & transfer to Dublin Port. Ferry from Dublin Port to Holyhead & travel on to Chester. Enjoy some free time on arrival in Chester. Overnight in Premier Inn Central or Holiday Inn Express, Chester.
Breakfast at your hotel. Guided walking tour of Chester and visit to Chester Cathedral. Continue by coach to York, stopping at Swillington Organic Farm. The farm has a diverse range of habitats including woodland, marsh, pasture and ponds, providing a haven for wildlife and the perfect place for our organic rare breed pigs and native breed cattle and sheep as well as free range organic poultry. Swillington Organic Farm is also the location of other family-run enterprises including a Christmas Tree Farm & Swillington Park Fishing. Overnight at IBIS, York.
Breakfast at your hotel. Guided tour of York with a visit to York Minster. Afternoon at leisure in York. Overnight at IBIS, York.
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning we head to ‘Emmerdale’ Country, for a short Bronte tour. The afternoon you will head to Haworth where you’ll visit Bronte Parsonage. From here you will head to Windermere, stopping en-route in the market town of Skipton with its impressive Norman castle to visit Dale’s Dairies, a milk producer, processor & distribution business which runs alongside a working dairy farm. Overnight at Hydro Hotel, Windermere.
Breakfast at your hotel. Morning cruise on Lake Windermere, from Windermere to Lakeside. Meet your coach and drive through Grizedale Forest to Hill Top Farm – Beatrix Potter’s 17th Century Farmhouse. In the afternoon, drive to Grassmere where you’ll enjoy some free time. You can visit Wordsworth’s grave in the churchyard and buy some legendary Grasmere Gingerbread. Overnight at Hydro Hotel, Windermere.
Breakfast at your hotel. Check out and drive to Holyhead for the afternoon ferry to Dublin.
- Return ferry journey from Dublin to Holyhead
- Professional Tour Manager & executive coach
- 1 night B&B hotel accommodation at Holiday Inn Express, Chester Racecourse
- 2 nights B&B hotel accommodation at Hotel IBIS York Centre
- 2 nights B&B accommodation at Hydro Hotel, Windermere
- Walking guided tour of Chester including a visit to Chester Cathedral
- Walking guided tour of York
- Visit Emmerdale Country taking in the pleasant market town of Otley and the small village of Esholt – ‘Hotton’ & ‘Emmerdale Village’ respectively in the TV series – and the inn formerly used as the famous ‘Woolpack’.
- Visit to Haworth Village & see Brontë Parsonage – the lifelong home of the Brontë family
- Enjoy a cruise on beautiful Lake Windermere
- Visit to Hill Top Farm, Beatrix Potter’s 17th Century Farmhouse
- Visit Grassmere & see Wordworth’s grave
- Educational agricultural visits to Swillington Organic Farm – rare breed pigs and native breed cattle & sheep as well as free-range organic poultry, the Christmas Tree Farm and Swillington Park Fishing & Dales Dairies – a milk producer, processor & distribution business running alongside the working dairy farm.
- Price includes airport taxes & charge
- Price is inclusive of 1 standard piece of luggage
- Price based on twin share. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Single room supplement applies €285pp
- Optional insurance available from €19pp (terms & conditions apply)
- A non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp is required at time of booking
- Balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure
- Minimum numbers required to travel or deposit refunded
- Prices, hotels, flight times & listed itinerary are subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply