With educational agricultural visits!
Highlights of this incredible tour include the wonderful city of Chicago, lively St Louis – ‘the gateway to the West’ – and the magnificent Mississippi River system.
USA - The Great Midwest
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements!
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to Chicago
Depart Dublin at 11:30 am and fly to Chicago. Arrive at O’Hare International Airport. Meet your local tour manager and transfer to your hotel. Check-in and overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Chicago
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning visit the second-tallest building in the United States – Willis Tower, commonly referred to as Sears Tower. You will then have an optional boat cruise. In the afternoon enjoy a sightseeing tour of Chicago with a local guide. Explore the steely skyscrapers and a great culture of the Windy City! Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Route 66 Museum, Champaign & farm visit
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Depart for St. Louis. The first stop today is the Route 66 Museum in Pontiac. Here you will see images of the road’s wonderful history, view thousands of pieces of historic memorabilia and hear a few great stories about life in America when Route 66 was the most important highway in the nation. Continue for a stop at the city of Champaign, Illinois. In the afternoon enjoy an educational technical visit at Wood and Wood Dairy Farm near Champaign. Continue to your hotel in St. Louis lying right near the intersection of the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers – this made it a stopping point for most settlers moving west. As the last big city before the long trails, the city became known as the Gateway to the West. Check-in to your hotel and overnight.
Day 4 – St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch Factory & farm visit
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning Anheuser-Busch Factory Tour putting a face on the world’s largest brewer. Explore the Budweiser Clydesdale paddock and stable, lager cellar, Brew House, Lyon’s Schoolhouse, and Bevo packaging plant and get a true sense of history as smell of hops surround you. You will then enjoy a guided city tour of St. Louis before departing for the agricultural community of Brighton. In the afternoon enjoy a field tour at the Schetter Tillage Farm. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 5 – St. Louis Arch & the Mississippi River
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Visit the St. Louis Gateway Arch, built as a monument to the westward expansion of the United States and is the world’s tallest arch. The visit the Melvin Price Locks and Dam on the Upper Mississippi River. Every year, millions of tons of commodities pass through and visitors can watch river craft use the locks every day. Enjoy lunch at the family owned and operated Grafton Winery overlooking the Mississippi. Travel along the Mississippi River to Keokuk. Check-in to your hotel and overnight.
Day 6 – Amana
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Visit Neil and Maryella Johnson Farm in Keokuk. Continue to Amana for lunch at Ronneburg Restaurant. In the afternoon visit Amana Heritage Society with the Heritage Museum and Amana Farm Complex. Amana Farms is one of the largest working farms in the Midwest with over 7,000 tillable acres, 7,000 acres of grazing land for over 2,000 head of cattle, and 7,000 acres of hardwood forest. Continue to your hotel in Moline for check-in and overnight.
Day 7 – Moline Agri Visits
Breakfast at your hotel. First visit Cinnamon Ridge Ranch, beef farm, followed by Bohnert Jerseys Dairy Farm. In the afternoon visit the John Deere Pavilion. In 1848, John Deere changed the course of local history in Moline Illinois by locating his first plough manufacturing plant on the banks of the Mississippi River. With this factory, John Deere’s dream of producing a superior self-scouring plough for the western frontier became a reality. In the evening enjoy a fabulous Mississippi Dinner Cruise. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 8 – National Mississippi River Museum, Fenelon Place Elevator & Agri Visits
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. In the morning take the John Deere Harvester Works Factory Tour before departing for Dubuque. On arrival in the afternoon visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. Enjoy dynamic aquariums, historical exhibits and a stroll through the wetlands and boatyard. Each visit is a truly interactive experience where visitors can get “up close and personal” with native river animals. Next travel in the Fenelon Place Elevator up the cliffs of Dubuque. As well as a magnificent view of beautiful Dubuque, enjoy panoramic views of the Mississippi River and three states. Continue to Adkins Energy, a corn-to-ethanol facility in Lena, Illinois, for a guided tour. Drive to Freeport for check-in and overnight.
Day 9 – Huntley Premium Outlet Mall
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Spend the morning at Huntley Premium Outlet Mall for some last minute shopping. In the afternoon depart for O’Hare International Airport for your evening flight to Dublin.
Day 10 – Arrive Home
Arrive home at 09:50 in the morning.
- Return Aer Lingus flights from Dublin to Chicago including taxes & charges
- Professional tour manager & executive coach transfers
- 2 nights in Chicago at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown with breakfast (or similar)
- 2 nights in St. Louis at the Drury Inn Union Station with breakfast (or similar)
- 1 night at the Quality Inn, Keokuk, with breakfast (or similar)
- 2 nights in Moline at the Radisson John Deere Commons with breakfast (or similar)
- 1 night at the Country Inn & Suites, Freeport, with breakfast (or similar)
- 2 lunches and a Mississippi Dinner Cruise
- Guided tour of Chicago including Willis Tower
- Visit to the Route 66 Museum
- Guided tour of St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch Factory tour & visit to Gateway Arch
- Visit the Melvin Price Locks and Dam
- Visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium & the Fenelon Place Elevator
- Free time for shopping at Huntley Premium Outlet Mall
- Tours of John Deere Pavilion & the John Deere Harvester Works Factory
- A selection of agricultural visits including beef, dairy & tillage farms plus a visit to the Amish farming community
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €589pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of check-in luggage (15kg).
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €42pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels, prices & itinerary subject to change
- If US$ rate climbs above the Euro V $ of 1.05 price may increase
- Booking terms & conditions apply