With educational agricultural visits!
Travel to medieval Bologna famous for its characteristic brick terracotta-roofed buildings. See ancient Modena, medieval San Marino & continue to the beautiful Adriatic Coast!
Parma, Bologna, San Marino & The Beautiful Adriatic Coast
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements!
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to Bologna
Fly from Dublin to Bologna with Aer Lingus. You will be met on arrival by your tour manager and transferred to your hotel for check-in. In the afternoon enjoy a walking tour of this beautiful city. Bologna is famous for its scrumptious Italian food, the world’s oldest university & terracotta medieval buildings. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Agri visits & Modena
Breakfast in your hotel. Today enjoy a half day agricultural excursion. First visit the Parma Cheese producer – Parmigiano- Reggiano – an extraordinary cheese with amazing aromas and taste and a unique texture. Continue to Parmalat milk factory. The Parmalat Group is a global player in the production and distribution of foods that are essential for everyday life including milk, yogurt, cream based sauces, desserts, cheese and fruit beverages. On the way back to Bologna you will have a stop at the small and ancient town of Modena synonymous with balsamic vinegar, Lambrusco wine and cars. Here you can find Piazza Grande, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with the Cathedral and the tower of Ghirlandina, the symbol of the city. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – San Marino
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Depart Bologna for San Marino and enjoy a guided tour of this city. Of the world’s 196 independent countries, San Marino is the fifth smallest and the world’s oldest surviving sovereign state and its oldest republic (since AD 301). The medieval settlement is on the slopes of 750m-high Monte Titano that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2008. The City of San Marino is full of old buildings, restaurants, and stores as well as several small museums, and has beautiful views of the nearby towns and surrounding countryside. Continue to your hotel in Riccione for check-in. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Farm visit
Breakfast in your hotel. Morning farm visit. Free afternoon to explore the area. Overnight in your hotel.
Day 5 – Vineyard visit
Breakfast in your hotel. Today visit a local vineyard and a Balsamic Vinegar producer. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – Urbino
Breakfast in your hotel. Visit to Urbino, a town nestled on a high sloping hillside, retaining much of its picturesque medieval characteristics. It hosts the University of Urbino, founded in 1506, and is the seat of the Archbishop of Urbino. Its best-known architectural piece is the Palazzo Ducale, rebuilt by Luciano Laurana. Farm visit this afternoon. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Free day
Breakfast in your hotel. Free afternoon to explore the area. Overnight in your hotel.
Day 8 – Bologna & depart
- Return flights from Dublin to Bologna including all taxes and charges
- Professional tour manager and executive coach transfers
- 2 nights 4* hotel accommodation in Parma with breakfast
- 5 nights in the 4* Hotel Dory, Riccione, on the Adriatic Coast with breakfast
- 4 evening meals – 1 meal in Bologna & 3 in Riccione
- Walking tour of Bologna famous for its brick terracotta-roofed buildings
- Visit to the beautiful ancient city of Modena
- Guided tour of medieval San Marino, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit to the hillside town of Urbino
- Selection of fascinating agricultural visits including entrance to the Parma Cheese producer – Parmigiano- Reggiano
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €199pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel from €70 per bag (prices may vary)
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply