Educational Agricultural Holiday Explore the picturesque city of Heidelberg, discover the Black Forest, admire fairy-tale castles, visit attractive half-timbered villages & enjoy trips to Strasbourg & Lake Lucerne on this amazing agricultural trip. Also, enjoy a number of interesting agricultural farm visits in Germany.
Germany, France & Switzerland
8 Nights / 9 Days
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements!
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need Help Booking?
Call 01 843 4734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to Frankfurt & Farm Visit
Depart Dublin for Frankfurt in the morning. On arrival, you will meet your professional tour manager and transfer to Weidenhof OHG. (Mrs. Mueller’s Farm), a biogas, dairy and cattle farm located northeast of Frankfurt. Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the farm, followed by a leisurely cup of tea and cake. Continue to the picturesque city of Heidelberg situated on both banks of the Neckar in Baden-Württemberg in southwest Germany. Overnight in Heidelberg.
Day 2 – John Deere Factory & Boat Trip on the river Neckar
After breakfast, you will travel to Mannheim to visit the John Deere Factory. Enjoy a comprehensive factory tour at of the world’s leading manufacturers of farm machinery including lunch, a video presentation and a visit to the museum. In the afternoon you will take a boat trip along the River Neckar back to Heidelberg enjoying the magnificent view of the villages, castles, vineyards & the beautiful green mountains along the valley. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Heidelberg Castle
Breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy a visit to the breath-taking Heidelberg castle nestled in the hill 300 feet above the city. In the afternoon you can visit to a local brewery or enjoy free time in the city. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Stuttgart, the Mercedes Benz Museum & the German Museum of Agriculture
Breakfast at your hotel. Check-out and depart for the cultural city of Stuttgart. Enjoy a visit to this bustling city including the Mercedes Benz Museum. Today you will also visit the German Museum of Agriculture detailing the history of farming, food processing, motorisation and rural life in Germany. Continue to Bad Herrenalb to check-in to your hotel and overnight.
Day 5 – Baden Baden & Strasbourg
Breakfast at your hotel. In the morning visit the spa town of Baden Baden. This Black Forest town boasts grand collonaded buildings and turreted villas spread across the hillsides and framed by forested mountains. Continue to the French city of Strasbourg in Alsace where you will be mesmerised by its Gothic cathedral and twisting alleys lined with crooked half-timbered houses. Also, enjoy a visit to the European Parliament. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 6 – Farm Visit & The Black Forest
After breakfast, you will enjoy a farm visit in Germany followed by a visit to the Blackforest, a mountainous region known for its dense evergreen forests and picturesque villages, which inspired some of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Schwenningen & Lake Constance
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Depart for Switzerland. En route visit the city of Schwenningen lying on the eastern edge of the Black Forest. Also visit Lake Constance, Central Europe’s third largest lake, and take in the beautiful landscape of meadows and vineyards, orchards, beaches and Alpine foothills. Continue to your hotel along the German / Swiz border for overnight.
Day 8 – Lake Lucerne
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Lake Lucerne with its breathtaking mountain scenery, majestic steep peaks of limestone hunched over the coastline and Alpine forests coming down to the shore filled. You will also get a chance to visit a glacier in Switzerland. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 9 – Return Home
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to Zurich airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Flights from Dublin to Frankfurt and from Zurich to Dublin including taxes & charges
- Professional tour managers and executive coach transfers throughout
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in the Heidelberg region including breakfast daily
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in the Black forest region including breakfast daily
- 2 nights hotel accommodation along the German/Swiss border including breakfast daily
- 3 evening meals included throughout the tour
- Visit to Weidenhof OHG. (Mrs. Mueller’s Farm) near Frankfurt
- Guided tour of Heidelberg & visit to Heidelberg Castle
- Guided tour of the John Deere factory in Mannheim
- Cruise along the River Neckar
- Guided tour of Stuttgart including the Mercedes Benz Museum
- Visit to the German Museum of Agriculture
- Visit to the spa town of Baden Baden
- Tour to Strasbourg including a visit to the European Parliament
- Tour of the Black Forest region with stops to see its evergreen forests & picturesque villages
- Visit to the city of Schwenningen
- Visit to Lake Constance
- Tour to Lake Lucerne
- Entrance into the Grindelwald glacier in Swizerland
- 3 farm visits
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €325pp applies
- If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking. A second deposit of €200 is due by 31 January 2016
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage.
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
All tours & activities are subject to availability at time of booking