With Educational Agri Visits Discover a charismatic island full of fascinating culture and landscapes, immersed in myth and riddled with ancient treasures on this 8-day escorted holiday.
Day 1 – Dublin to Limassol
Arrival at Larnaca Airport. Meet your local tour guide and transfer to Limassol. Check-into your hotel. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Nicosia
After breakfast, your guide will take you for a tour to Nicosia. Known as the world’s last divided capital, Nicosia is divided by the green line which separated the Greek Cypriots and the Turkish Cypriots. Today visit a handicraft centre and see the traditional skills still performed, and then continue to the “Green Line” which divides the city, passing through the Venetian walls encircling the town and the Statue of Liberty. Here you will visit St. John’s Cathedral, main church of the Church of Cyprus. The church was built in 1662 on the ruins of Benedictine monastery. Later visit the city’s most popular area called “Laiki Yitonia”, the 19th century quarter which has now been restored to its former glory. This area has seen the restoration of houses that are typical examples of traditional Cypriot urban architecture and are used today as shops, restaurants and craft centres. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – Paphos Town
Breakfast at your hotel. Start today with a visit the most famous landmark in Cyprus – Aphrodite’s Rock, the ocean birthplace of the mythical Greek goddess of love and beauty. According to legend, she rose from the water in 1,200 B.C. and chose to start her worldly life from this large rock. Continue on to Agriculture research institute in Achelia, the largest research station in the island, to watch a presentation and a tour of their facilities and the farm. In Paphos, you will visit St. Paul’s Pillar, the ruins of the basilica of Chrysopolitissa. St Paul was bitten forty times minus one at this place. The present church of Chrysopolitissa is shared by the Anglican and Catholic congregation, who hold regular services at the invitation of the local Orthodox priest. Free time at the picturesque fishing harbour of Pafos. Later visit the House of Dionysos in Pafos Archaeological Park – preserved ruins of a Roman villa dating to the 2nd, century known for colourful mosaics of Dionysus. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – Farm Visit to Amalthia Trading
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will be visiting Amalthia Trading, Cyprus’s leading importer of fresh fruit and vegetables. You will get a tour of the facilities and get to know how they cultivate world-class produce. You will also visit one of their farms. The afternoon will be free for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 – Troodos Square – Kakopetria Village
Breakfast at your hotel. Today enjoy a tour of Troodos Mountains, renowned since antiquity for its dense forests and rich mines. It is an area famous for fresh air, winding nature trails and scenic panoramas. You will visit the Environmental Centre that offers an insight on the Troodos National Park. It is linked to a small botanical and geological trail, where you can observe various plants and rock formations. Later visit the 11th-century church of Ayios Nikolaos (a World Heritage Site). Then continue on to Kakopetria village. Offering a real taste of authentic Cyprus, the rustic Kakopetria village is amongst the most beautiful, nestled in the Solea Valley. Enjoy a walk along the old part of the village to see the architecture style of the restored houses, followed by traditional lunch. In the afternoon you will visit Panayia Podithou – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built in 1502 and once belonged to a monastery. Return to hotel late in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Free day to relax & unwind or to see more of this fascinating city, your guide will help with various options for this day.
Day 6 – Omodos Village – Wine Tasting
Today visit a local winery in Omodos Village where you will see the production of wine and have a wine tasting session. Later visit the picturesque wine village of Omodos, which still retains its charm and beauty. Famous for its wine, Zivania spirit, handmade narrow-knit lacing and ‘arkatena’ bread, its quaint environs are perfect for agro-tourism. Walk along the cobbled square, old stone-built houses, local wineries, a Medieval wine press and after visiting the monastery of Timios Stavros (Holy Cross), with its old icons and impressive woodcarvings. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 7 – Free day
Breakfast at your hotel. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Dinner and overnight in your hotel.
Day 8 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to the Airport for departure. Flight home to Dublin.
- Return Cobalt Air flights from Dublin to Larnaca including taxes & charges
- Professional English speaking tour guides & executive coach transfers
- 7 nights at the 4* Curium Palace Hotel in Limassol with breakfast and dinner included each day plus 1 traditonal lunch
- 20 kg checked in bag
- Full day excursion to Nicosia, St. John’s Cathedral and Laiki Yitonia
- Full day excursion to the Paphos, Aphrodite’s Rock and House of Dionysos
- Excursion to include a Troodos Mountains and Kakopetria village
- Excursion to Omodos Village including wine-tasting
- Plenty of free time for sightseeing, shopping and relaxing
- A selection of agricultural visits
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €325. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Cobalt||Dublin / Larnaca||TBA||15:20 / 22:35||TBA|
|Colbalt||Larnaca / Dublin||TBA||10:55 / 14:30||TBA|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Cyprus
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533