With Educational Agricultural Visits Enjoy a 5-day Agricultural Tour to the ‘Land of Fire and Ice’ and explore the fascinating farms of The Golden Circle & the South Shore!
Day 1 – Fly to IcelandDepart Dublin or Cork for Iceland with WOW air. Meet your guide at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Reykjavik for check-in and overnight.
Day 2 – Golden Circle & Farm VisitBreakfast at your hotel and check-out. Today visit The Golden Circle – one of Iceland’s top attractions, where you will see 3 of Iceland’s most beautiful natural wonders. Visit Thingvellir National Park, where the world’s first parliament, Althingi, was located. See the majestic Gullfoss Waterfall, and the infamous Geysir hot spring (Geysir no longer erupts but its little brother Strokkur erupts every 10-15 minutes!) During the tour stop at Friðheimar Greenhouse Farm. The Greenhouse visit includes a presentation of the specialities of Icelandic horticulture. After the presentation enjoy The Friðheimar Tomato Soup with sour cream and cucumber salsa. Before ending our day you will also visit a local Icelandic Horse Farm and enjoy a detailed presentation by the farmers about their farm. Continue to your hotel in Hvolsvollur for check-in & overnight.
Day 3 – South Shore & Farm VisitBreakfast at your hotel. Today you will see the South Shore of Iceland with breath-taking scenery from glaciers, volcanoes and waterfalls to black sandy beaches. Highlights of the day will include Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls. If you are prepared to get a little wet and conditions allow, you can walk behind Seljalandsfoss waterfall! Continue to Eyjafjallajökull Volcano, located underneath a glacier and famous for its eruption in 2010 causing most of European airspace to be closed down! You will visit the farm Þorvaldseyri at the base of the volcano – one of the most interesting farms in the world. At the visitor centre see a short documentary about their experience during the eruption, and how they kept their farm despite all the ash and danger. Continue east to visit farm Þorvaldseyri where they tell you about their experience during the mighty eruption, and how they kept their farm despite all the ash and danger. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 4 – Hellisheiði Power Plant & ReykjavíkBreakfast at your hotel and check-out. Depart for Hellisheiði Power Plant. The visit includes the turbine rooms, a short film about the origins of geothermal energy, an interactive presentation of the production process, a chance to see an extensive collection of rocks & minerals and more. Continue to Reykjavík and enjoy a guided city tour. Check-in to your hotel for overnight.
Day 5 – DepartBreakfast at the hotel & check-out. Transfer to the airport for your return flight.
- Return flights with Wow air from Dublin to Reykjavik including taxes & charges
- Professional tour manager and executive coach transfers throughout
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavík at the 4* Grand Hotel with breakfast (1 night at the start of the tour and 1 at the end)
- 2 nights accommodation at the 3* Superior Hotel Hvolsvollur with breakfast
- Tour of the The Golden Circle including Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall & Geysir hot spring
- Visit to the Friðheimar Greenhouse Farm
- Tour of the South Shore including Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls and Eyjafjallajökull Volcano
- Visit to Þorvaldseyri farm at the base of Eyjafjallajökull Volcano
- Visit to Hellisheiði Power Plant
- Sightseeing tour of Reykjavík
- Visit to a dairy farm and horse farm
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €299pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €25pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||Date||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Wow air||07 Oct 18||Dublin / Reykjavik||WW 853||11:45 / 13:25||2h 35m|
|Wow air||11 Oct 18||Reykjavik / Dublin||WW 852||06:20 / 10:05||2h 30m|
Local Time in IcelandGMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533