Visit the historic D-Day Landing Beaches of Normandy where 150,000 allied troops landed on 06 June 1944. On this 4-day tour, you will walk along the now peaceful beaches & through the vast cemeteries where the sense of importance of these memorials is inescapable.
Day 1 – Paris
Fly from Dublin to Paris. Meet your Tour Manager on arrival and transfer by executive coach to Paris. Enjoy free time in this beautiful city. Continue on to Caen, situated in the heart of the Normandy D-Day Landings. Check-in to your hotel for overnight.
Day 2 – D-Day Landing Sites
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Pegasus Bridge that was taken in the opening minutes of the Allied invasion. Explore the landing areas along the Normandy coast during the initial assault phase, Operation Neptune, including Sword Beach, Juno Beach & Gold Beach. Visit Longues-sur-Mer the WW2 artillery battery that formed a part of Germany’s Atlantic Wall coastal fortifications. Experience the Juno Beach Centre in Courseulles-Sur-Mer documenting the 14,000 Canadian troops that landed on 06th June 1944. Today you will also visit the Arromanches Landing Museum and Ranville War Cemetery. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – D-Day Landing Sites
Breakfast at your hotel. Today explore more landing areas along the Normandy coast including Utah Beach & Museum and Omaha Beach. Visit la Cambe German Cemetery near Bayeux and the St Laurent-sur-Mer American Cemetery. Also, travel to Sainte-Mère-Église where in the early morning of 06th June 1944 it became one of the first towns liberated in the allied invasion. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Bayeux & Departure
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Visit to the Bayeux Military Cemetery, the largest Commonwealth cemetery of the Second World War in France. The Bayeau Memorial stands opposite the cemetery and bears the names of more than 1,800 men of the allied forces who died in the early stages of the campaign and have no known grave. Enjoy free time in Bayeux with option to see the famous Bayeux Tapestry (bookable & payable locally) before returning by executive coach to Paris Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Paris including taxes & charges
- Tour manager, professional historian guide & executive coach transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in the Royal Hotel Caen Centre with breakfast
- Visit the D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha, Utah, Sword, Juno and Gold
- Visit Pegasus Bridge Memorial and Ranville Cemetery
- Visit Le Cambe German Cemetery, St Mere Eglise and the American Cemetery at St Laurent Sur Mer including the exhibition centre
- Visit Arromanches Landing Museum and Mulberry Harbour
- Visit the Utah Beach Museum to learn of the Airborne operations of D-Day
- Visit Bayeux Military Cemetery
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping at leisure
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €149pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €19pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||To / From||Flt. No.||Land / Depart||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Paris||TBA||06:40 / 09:15||1h 40m|
|TBA||Paris / Dublin||TBA||22:25 / 23:00||1h 40m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533