Lisbon, Porto & Douro River
Join us on this wonderful 8 day holiday to Portugal and discover a destination that captures life as it should be & is overflowing with old-fashioned charm, medieval castles, picturesque villages & sun-kissed beaches.
Treasures Of Portugal
8 Days / 7 Nights
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements!
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to Porto
Fly from Dublin to Porto. Transfer to your 4* hotel for check-in. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Braga & Guimarães
After a leisurely breakfast visit the beautiful Baroque city of Braga, including free time in the attractive old town centre before continuing on to Guimarães, a wonderful medieval World Heritage city, known as the birthplace of Portugal. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Porto, Duro River and wine tasting
After breakfast check-out of your hotel and enjoy a guided walking tour of beautiful and romantic Porto. Free time for lunch followed by a guided a cruise on the magnificent River Douro and a visit to the famous Porto Wine Cellars with wine tasting. Transfer to Coimbra. Check-in to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 – Coimbra & Fátima
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Enjoy a guided tour of Coimbra, Portugal’s oldest university town, and some free time for lunch before departing for the Lisbon Coast. En route visit the famous pilgrimage site of Fátima. On arrival in Estoril in the evening, you will check-in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – Óbidos & Sintra
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit the romantic medieval town of Óbidos, complete with colourful houses, cobblestone streets and whitewashed churches encircled by the walls of a 12th-century castle. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Josefa D’Obidos. In the afternoon travel to the enchanting town Sintra for a guided visit to the National Palace of Sintra. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – Lisbon & the Belem area
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Lisbon before enjoying some free time for lunch & shopping. After lunch visit the Belem Area including Jeronimos Monastery, Belem Tower and the Discoveries landmark before returning to your hotel in the late afternoon for dinner and overnight.
Day 7 – Free Day
Today is free to enjoy the golden beaches of Estoril & the Lisbon Coast or to take a train to Lisbon for sightseeing and shopping at leisure.
Day 8 – Departure
Today your holiday to wonderful Portugal comes to a close. After breakfast transfer by executive coach to Lisbon Airport for your return flight to Dublin
- Ryanair flights from Dublin to Porto and from Lisbon to Dublin including taxes & charges
- 15 kgs checked-in bag
- Professional English speaking tour manager and executive coach transfers throughout
- 2 nights in the 4* Vila Galé Hotel in charismatic Porto with breakfast
- 1 night in the 4* Vila Galé Coimbra hotel including breakfast
- 4 nights in the 4* Vila Galé Hotel in the quaint sea side town of Estoril with breakfast
- 7 evening meals and 1 lunch
- Full day tour to include Braga and Guimaraes
- Full day excursion to include Porto, an afternoon cruise on the Douro River and wine tasting in the famous Port Wine Cellars
- Guided tour of Coimbra followed by a visit to Fatima en route to Estoril
- Full day excursion to include Óbidos and Sintra
- Guided sightseeing tour of Lisbon and the Belem region
- Free time to enjoy shopping, sightseeing and relaxing
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €245pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply