From the medieval heart of Prague to the stunning caves of the Moravian Karst to the living gallery of the Renaissance-era in Cesky Krumlov this holiday captures the magic and beauty of the Czech Republic.
Historic Czech Republic
This is a sample itinerary that can be Tailor-Made for your Group
Phone us on 01-8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Depart Dublin
Depart Dublin and fly to Prague. Transfer to hotel for one night. Welcome dinner included.
Day 2 – Policka
After breakfast, we depart for the eastern end of the country and the Moravian Karst. We will stop at a small, very typical Czech village called Policka. It is not famous but will give you a true sense of rural life and it has fantastic medieval walls made of stone with unique watchtowers…a very picturesque location. Lunch is included. From here will continue on to our hotel near the caves. Free rest of day.
Day 3 – Punkva Caves
After breakfast, we spend the day exploring the Punkva Caves. We will all depart together but you will be free to take as much time as you like going through and coming back down. Come up to the surface – dive down again, that is the credo of the playful River Punkva, the longest underground river in the Czech Republic. The Punkva is a subterranean river in the area of the Moravian Karst, close to the famous Macocha Abyss. Travel along it on motor boats and experience a bit of adventure in the interior of the caves with stalactite decorations. Among other things, you will see the so-called Masaryk House, reputedly the most beautiful of the areas in the Punkva Caves, which are part of the longest cave system in the Czech Republic. Tour begins in large dome called Přední dóm. Its entrance is guarded by the biggest stalactite column called Strážce. From this point, all tourists could reach the bottom of Macocha Abyss and this is the end of the journey called Suchá cesta. Here you can fully enjoy the magnificence of huge gorge and see the Upper and Lower Lake fed by River Punkva. The next stage is Mokrá cesta – underground cruise on the River Punkva. Return to the bottom at your leisure. Overnight at the caves.
Day 4 – Telč
Depart after breakfast. We will be on our way to Cesky Krumlov today. But, first, we will stop for several hours in Telč. The town’s square looks like it has come straight from the stories of Hans Christian Andersen, a romantic chateau and crystal clear fishponds surround the city. Telč is the most perfect example of the Italian Renaissance north of the Alps and a town with one of the most beautiful squares in Europe. It is rightly thus also part of UNESCO world heritage. We will have plenty of time to explore and have lunch on our own. More detailed information on Telč will be provided. Continue on to Cesky Krumlov. Welcome dinner at our hotel.
Day 5 – Cesky Krumlov
After breakfast, we will have a morning guided tour of this little gem. Bisected by the Vltava, the same river that runs through Prague, it is full of delights of gardens, the castles and cobblestone streets. Free rest of day.
Day 6 – Free Day
Free day in Cesky Krumlov. Detailed information on everything to see & do here will be provided. There is plenty!
Day 7 – Czech Countryside
After breakfast, we depart for Prague. But, we will take our time doing it as there as some beautiful sights to see on the way. We will actually head southwest to the lakes area where we will enjoy the incredible countryside. We will stop in a beautiful little town for a couple hours for you to sightsee and have lunch. We will then travel on to Prague with a rest break on the way. Check in to hotel and free rest of the evening.
Day 8 – Prague
After breakfast, we have morning guided tour of Prague which includes entrance into Prague Castle and St Vitus Cathedral. Prague, City of a Hundred Spires, a UNESCO monument and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Get to know it in person! From the Old Town Hall with the famous Prague Astronomical Clock. The winding lanes of the Jewish Quarter, which you may know from the novels of Franz Kafka, steeped in the legend of the Golem. Cafes enticing you to come and have a seat. Cross the Gothic Charles Bridge and visit the Church of St. Nicholas in the Lesser Town. It is the most beautiful Baroque church in Prague. Admire the Palace Gardens set away from the bustle of the city. Each of Prague’s districts has its own characteristic atmosphere and unique charm. Prague presents itself to you as a changeable city. It is romantic and successful, ancient and modern.
Day 9 – Free Day
After breakfast, you have a free day. Prague is compact and easily walked. The tram system is inexpensive, easy to use and comprehensive. Complete written information of sights and activities in Prague will be included. As an option, you may choose to take an organised day tour to Kutna Hora. Kutná Hora, the city of silver, is deservedly attributed the other name “national treasury”. This is to say that its wealth helped to ensure the boom of the Czech Kingdom. The centre of the city was included in the UNESCO world heritage list in 1995 thanks to its historical importance and architectural gems. All of the streets, houses and churches exude a long history full of important events. The symbol of Kutná Hora is the unique late Gothic Cathedral of St. Barbara. The town is approximately one hour from Prague.
Day 10 – Free Day
After breakfast it a free day in Prague. With so much to see and do you will wish you had another day! Be sure and leave time for our Farewell Dinner River Cruise on the Vlatava this evening.
Day 11 – Fly home
After breakfast check-out of the hotel. You may store your bags in the lobby. Free until we depart from the hotel at for the airport for your flight home.
- Return flights from Dublin to Prague including taxes & charges
- 15 kgs checked-in bag
- Professional English speaking guide and executive coach transfers
- 10 nights accommodation in 3* hotels in central locations in Prague and Cesky Krumlov with breakfast
- 2 dinners & 1 lunch included
- Visit to Policka, a small, typical Czech village
- Full day exploring the Punkva Caves including a cruise on the River Punkva
- Visit to the romantic village of Telč, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Guided city tour of Cesky Krumlov
- Guided city tour of Prague which including Prague Castle & St Vitus Cathedral
- Plenty of free time for sightseeing & shopping
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €399pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €35pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel.
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply