Travel along the Danube Bend with its stunning peaks & picturesque towns. Discover the romantic city of Vienna, visit impressive Budapest, explore the charming city of Bratislava, stay at the elegant Chateau Béla and enjoy fine wines every step of the way.
Discover the Wine Route of the Imperial Danube
This is a sample itinerary that can Tailor-Made for your Group
Phone us on 01-8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to Vienna
Fly from Dublin to Vienna. Meet your local tour manager and transfer to your hotel in Vienna’s 16th district. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 – Vienna
Breakfast at your hotel. In the morning enjoy a guided tour of beautiful Vienna, the city of romance & music. Visit the Burg Theatre, the Houses of Parliament, Vienna’s stunning cathedral & the famous Ringstrasse, home to the Opera House. In the afternoon visit the magical Schlumberger-cellars, a fascinating mixture of history, tradition and the future. Experience tradition and innovation as you take a stroll through the 300-year old world under the city of Vienna. Having enjoyed a glass of sparkling wine in the cellars continue to the wine-growing village of Grinzing where dinner & an evening of wine and song awaits you. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Free Day / Optional Excursion to the Burgenland Region
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to explore Vienna at your leisure or enjoy an optional full day visit to the Burgenland region (bookable and payable locally). On this tour, you will enjoy the romantic countryside by Lake Neusiedl with its distant castles and forts. Experience the fabulous culinary delights of this region with a traditional lunch accompanied by Hungarian Gypsy music. Visit a cellar in the wine-growing village of Rust and enjoy a short boat trip on Lake Neusiedl. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Bratislava & Château Béla
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Travel from Vienna to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava. Enjoy a guided walking tour through the centre of this beautiful Danube city. Enjoy some free time for lunch before travelling onto your hotel in Béla, the stunning 5* Château Béla. Check-in and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Experience Wine Production with a Viticulturist
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will visit a viticulturist, an expert in wine production, to hear about production in their vineyard. Experience the ultimate wine country atmosphere while enjoying local Slovakian cuisine in the beautiful surrounding of Béla’s wine gardens. In the afternoon you will have the pleasure of tasting the excellent wines of Château Béla during a visit at the wine cellar. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – The Danube Bend
Breakfast at your hotel. Today travel along The Danube Bend on an excursion into Hungary’s history. This is an unforgettable tour along the Blue Danube with stops in Visegrád, Esztergom and Szentendre. In Visegrád you will walk on the 750-year-old stones of the formal Royal Residence, learn about life in the middle ages and enjoy the fascinating panorama of the Danube valley. Enjoy a stop in Szentendre, the artist’s village. It is a small baroque city at the gate of the Danube Bend, at the meeting place of the river Danube and the Pilis Mountains. Free time to visit the shops in the village. Continue to Esztergom: The Northern gate of Budapest & visit Hungary’s largest cathedral. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Free Day / Optional Cooking Classes
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is a free day to enjoy Château Béla and the surrounding area. You may choose to relax at the sauna, play a game of tennis or simply take a stroll. Alternatively, join the Château’s chef for a cooking class (bookable and payable locally) to learn all about the seasonal menu. Prepare, cook and enjoy your dishes complemented accompanied by fine wines from the Château’s estate. Dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 8 – Budapest & Departure
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Enjoy a tour of the capital city of Hungary, Budapest. You will see the Castle District (Fishermen’s Bastion), the Gellért Hill (Citadel) and the impressive neo-gothic House of Parliament. Continue to the airport for your flight home.
- Return flights from Dublin to Vienna & Budapest including taxes & charges
- 15 kgs checked-in bag
- Professional English speaking tour manager and executive coach transfers throughout
- 3 nights in the 4* Austria Trend Hotel Schloss Wilhelminenberg in Vienna’s 16th district with breakfast
- 4 nights in the 5* Château Béla a Baroque château in Béla, Slovakia with breakfast
- 7 evening meals
- Guided sightseeing tour of Vienna including the famous Ringstrasse, the Opera House and the Burg Theatre
- Guide sightseeing tour of the beautiful Bratislava
- Visit to a vineyard where you will meet a viticulturist who will explain the wine making process
- Full day excursion along the Danube Bend
- Guided sightseeing tour of Budapest
- Optional Burgenland Region Tour – bookable & payable locally
- Optional Cooking Class in Chateaux Bela – bookable & payable locally
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €239pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply