Discover the breath-taking Atlantic coastline of Spain through fascinating Porto, enchanted Douro Valley, beautiful Vigo & the biblical city of Santiago de Compostela. Join us on this 8-day escorted holiday and explore rivers, waterfalls, vineyards, ancient cities & age-old traditions!
Autumn in Northern Portugal & Galicia
This is a sample itinerary that can be Tailor-Made for your Group
Phone us on 01-8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Porto
Arrive in Porto. Transfer to your hotel and settle in. Welcome dinner with your fellow travellers in a local restaurant. Overnight in the Hotel.
Day 2 – Porto & Local Wine Cellar
After breakfast at your hotel, your guide will take you for a walking tour to Porto. Porto is a coastal city in northwest Portugal and it is famous of its impressive bridges, divine cuisine and port wine production. The old town of Porto, Ribeira district, is located on the northern side of the river. Here the streets are narrow and cobble stoned, set on hill slopes. Remarkable buildings such as the Sé Catédral offers superb viewpoints over the city’s markets, grocery stores, bars and restaurants.
Have you ever wondered how Port wine is made? While in Porto, you will have an opportunity to visit a local wine cellar and absorb the tastes and smells of this sweet, red drink.
Day 3 – Douro Valley
After breakfast at your hotel, your guide will take you to a full day excursion to Douro Valley. It is one of the oldest wine regions in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2001. October is one of the greatest time to visit, as the autumn colours are at their best. You can certainly challenge your photographic skills and take home some unique and beautiful landscape shoots. There are also many charming and inviting Douro Wineries and we selected one, where you can learn more about the local wine culture and of course there will be some tasting as well. Afternoon you will be transferred back to Porto. Overnight in your hotel.
Day 4 – Vigo
After breakfast at your hotel, you will depart for Vigo. We will stop by Braga, which is Portugal’s third largest city. Interestingly the centre is closed to vehicles, scattered with plazas and baroque churches. You can find lively cafes, boutiques, and some excellent restaurants in the upscale old centre. After lunch we will continue our way to Valença do Minho. It is an attractive border town with cobbled alleys, old quarter, wickerwork & handicrafts shops. Great place for a last minute Portuguese souvenir.
We will arrive in Vigo in the afternoon.
Day 5 – Vigo
Today, after breakfast in your hotel, your guide take you for a half day excursion of Vigo. The region is highly regarded for its sea food gastronomy and some of the country’s finest white wines from the Rías Baixas wine region. The Old Town has historic streets, four main squares, good range of local cafés and impressive selection of restaurants and tapas bars. The afternoon will be free to explore this truly amazing city, your Tour Manager will help you with various options. Overnight in your hotel.
Day 6 – Santiago de Compostela
Breakfast at your hotel. Then we will depart for Santiago de Compostela. Stop by in Pontevedra which is a small riverside city. It is easy to wander around its old granite streets and admire the elegant buildings. Only 6 km away we find the small town of Combarro, which has been preserved perfectly and represents the traditional sailor-style architecture that you can find in Galicia. Combarro has a quaint old quarter that is worth a meal stop on our way to Santiago. We will arrive in Santiago in the afternoon. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 7 – Santiago de Compostela
After breakfast in your hotel, your guide will invite you for a half day guided tour of Santiago. Recognized pilgrimage routes grew up from France through Northern Spain and for many pilgrims, Santiago was the end of a long and tiring journey. The city is full of charm, narrow streets, atmospheric plazas and ancient buildings with large historical significance.
After the walking tour you will have opportunity to learn how to make the famous Torta de Santiago (Cake of St. James) It is a Spanish almond pie that is said to have been originated in Galicia during the Middle Ages. It is very popular among the pilgrims and tourists in Santiago de Compostela. The afternoon is free for sightseeing or relaxing in one the lovely cafes or tapas bars that Santiago has to offer.
Day 8 – Return Home
After breakfast in your hotel, you will have some free time before transfer to Santiago Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Direct flights from Dublin to Porto and Santiago de Compostela to Dublin including taxes & charges
- Professional English speaking guide and executive coach transfers throughout
- 3 nights in 4* Hotel Theatro Porto with breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* Hotel Sercotel Bahia de Vigo with breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* Hotel Santiago de Compostela with breakfast
- Welcome dinner in Porto
- Walking tour in Porto including a winery visit and tasting
- Guided tour to Douro Valley including a wine cellar visit and tasting
- Guided tour of Braga
- Guided tour of Vigo
- Guided tour of Santiago de Compostela
- Tarte de Santiago baking class
- Free time to explore
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €359pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary.
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel.
- Photo tax at/inside tourist sites may apply, payable locally.
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply