Alghero, Asinara & Costa Smeralda
Join us on this fantastic 8 day tour to the picturesque island of Sardinia, situated off the west coast of Italy, and immerse yourself in the relaxing Mediterranean lifestyle as you explore this beautiful destination with both guided tours and free time to explore at your leisure. Lose yourself in the narrow streets and cobbled walkways of Alghero old town plus discover the beauty of the Costa Smeralda.
Sardinia Island Getaway
Price from €1259 pps
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Depart Dublin for your direct flight to Alghero, Sardinia. On arrival, meet your professional tour manager and transfer to your hotel for check in and your evening meal.
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning the group will depart on a guided walking tour of Alghero including the old town. This beautiful city originally served as a fortified port that protected the people of Sardinia from foreign invaders and is now one of the most popular destinations on the island. The tour includes visits to the Fortified Ancient Spanish Walls, Cathedral of Santa Maria, the Palazzo Carcassona (from the outside), the Church of San Francesco and the Torre del Portal. Afterwards the remainder of the day is free to have lunch and explore Alghero at your leisure. Return to the hotel in the early evening for dinner.
Breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy free time for leisure and shopping. Dinner at hotel and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Departure for a full day excursion to Asinara Island. The group will make several stops to admire the sites of greatest historical-naturalistic interest: the veterinary clinic, the viewpoint of Cala Sant’Andrea, the Tumbarino Wildlife Center, Punta Sa Nave where the endemic species of the species “centaura horrida” grows. Asinara and Sardinia, the Austro-Hungarian ossuary, the small town of Cala Reale, where you will stop for lunch on board the ship. After lunch, leave for the small town of Cala d’Oliva and visit the Museum of Memory. Transfer to Alghero, dinner at the hotel. Dinner at hotel and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend at your leisure in Alghero before the evening meal at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to the stunning Costa Smeralda. Start the journey by discovering the Gallura area, the strip of land in the northeast of Sardinia where lies Costa Smeralda the undisputed kingdom of luxury holidays. Its symbol is a small and charming village by the sea built by Prince Karim Aga Khan IV, an architectural gem set in an area of natural beauty. Porto Cervo is a district of Arzachena, a town in the Gallura area, with just a few hundred residents. In the summer, it becomes an extraordinary procession of hundreds of yachts and famous personalities: it is quite likely that you will find yourself in the square, shopping with stars of the cinema and the television. Every day is a continuous stream of engagements with the international jet set: parties, social events, sports events, golf in particular. Return to your hotel for evening meal and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is a free day to spend at your leisure in Alghero before the evening meal at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return Aer Lingus flights from Dublin to Alghero
- Professional English speaking tour manager
- Executive coach transfers
- 7 nights at the 4* Hotel DomoMea in Alghero including breakfast and 4 evening meals
- Half day guided walking tour of the former fortified city of Alghero including the old town, Santa Maria Cathedral and Palazzo Carcassona
- Full day excursion to visit to the beautiful Asinara Island
- Full day excursion to Costa Smeralda including visits to Porto Rotondo and Porto Cervo
- Free time for leisure and relaxation
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €150. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €30pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Aer Lingus||Dublin / Alghero||EI 468||12:50 / 16:45||2h 55m|
|Aer Lingus||Alghero / Dublin||EI 469||17:25 / 19:30||3h 05m|
*next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533