Visit the village of Oberammergau to experience the world’s most famous Passion Play which has taken place every ten years (with just a few exceptions in between!) since 1634. In 2020 it will be performed for the 42nd time. Visit Salzburg, home to Mozart and the Sound of Music. The trip also includes a guided excursion to Innsbruck and Stams Abbey.
Arrive at Munich airport, transfer to the hotel for check-in. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Guided excursion to Innsbruck & Stams Abbey. One of Tyrol’s true architectural gems is the splendid Cistercian Abbey of Stams, founded in 1273 by Count Meinhard II of Gorizia-Tyrol. Set in pristine grounds, the monumental façade is easily recognized by its pair of silver cupolas at the front, which were added as a final flourish when the original Romanesque abbey was revamped in baroque style in the 17th century (between 1650 and 1750). Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning the group will depart for a fully guided walking tour of Salzburg passing sites such as the birthplace of Mozart before an afternoon free to spend at leisure. Today, guests will have the option of taking part in The Sound of Music Tour (bookable & payable locally) passing by some of the areas where the movie was shot. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast & check out of your hotel. Transfer to Oberammergau and check in to accommodation. Afternoon and evening enjoy the Passion Play production. The play depicts the story of Christ’s Passion, beginning with the entry into Jerusalem and ending with the resurrection and transfiguration, a moving and spectacular experience. The performance starts at 14.30 and ends approximately 22:30 with a three-hour included dinner break/intermission from 17:00 to 20.00. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to Munich airport for return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights Dublin to Munich
- 3 nights in Hotel Tryp by Wyndam Rosenheim on a bed & breakfast basis
- 1 night in Oberammergau village on a bed & breakfast basis
- Category 1 ticket to the Passion play and a 3 course dinner at the interval
- Coach services as per programme
- Guided excursion to Innsbruck & Stams Abbey
- Guided excursion to Salzburg & Sound of Music Tour
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €104pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary.
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €37pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Depart / Land|
|Aer Lingus||Dublin / Munich||07:10 / 10:45|
|Aer Lingus||Munich / Dublin||11:25 / 13:10|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533