Follow in the footsteps of St. Paul in Greece
Retrace the steps of St. Paul through Greece on this 8 day tour. One of the most important figures in Christianity, 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament are attributed to Paul and approximately half of the Acts of the Apostles is about Paul’s life and works. He dedicated his life to spreading the Christian message.
St. Paul in Greece
Price to be advised
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Depart Dublin to Thessaloniki. On arrival, meet and greet and transfer to hotel in Thessaloniki.
Today we explore Thessaloniki. Paul preached in Thessaloniki during the winters of 49-50 AD and wrote two epistles to the ancient Thessalonians. See the ramparts of the city, the triumphal Arch of Galerius starting at the Via Egnatia, once a strategic artery of the Roman Empire, and other Roman ruins. Visits to include St. Demetrius Basilica, Aghia Sophia and the Church of Osios David. Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day trip to Kavala & Philippi. We start at the modern port city of Kavala, ancient Neapolis where Paul, accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe. Then we visit Philippi where Paul delivered his first sermon in Europe, sowing the seeds of Christianity. Here Paul baptised a woman called Lydia, the first Christian convert in Europe. Visit the forum, the theatre and the prison into which Paul and Silas were thrown. Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Depart today for Kalambaka visiting en route the Royal Tombs at Vergina where Philip II, father of Alexander the Great, was buried and the ancient theatre of Aigai. Visit also Veria (Boerea) en route, and a short visit to Pella and its site. Dinner and overnight in Kalambaka.
Visit the Meteora Monasteries perched on top of huge rocks that seem to be suspended in the air. Here you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Continue to Athens for dinner and overnight.
Today we explore Athens – see the Acropolis and its museum. Ascend the Aeropagus (Mars Hill) and view the Agora (ancient market place where Paul spoke). Afternoon visit the museum. Dinner and overnight in Athens.
Following breakfast, we visit ancient Corinth. Here under the shadow of the towering Acropolis, St. Paul preached and lived for 2 years. The Gentile Church he founded here in 50 AD caused him much grief and prompted him to write at least four letters to them. Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla. Dinner and overnight in Athens.
Following breakfast morning at leisure in Athens before transferring to the airport for the return flight to Dublin.
- Return direct flights
- One carry on bag per person max 10 kg
- Accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast in 4 star hotels
- Coaching as per day to day itinerary
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- English-speaking guide from arrival to departure
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement to be advised. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €40pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Ryanair||Dublin / Thessaloniki||FR 1390||06:15 / 12:05||3h 50m|
|Ryanair||Athens / Dublin||FR 4519||14:35 / 17:00||4h 25m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533