Rome - The Eternal City
Rome – The Eternal City
This tour begins with a direct flight from Dublin to Rome. Enjoy 6 nights in the Eternal City during which
time you will see many of the main places of religious and historical interest including the Vatican & Sistine Chapel, the Major Basilicas, the Colosseum, Forum, Capitol Hill, Pantheon and of course the Trevi Fountain.
Rome - The Eternal City
Price to be advised
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Phone us on 01-8434734
Depart Dublin on direct flight to Rome. Meet and greet and transfer to accommodation in city centre. Orientation tour of the city by coach to get a birds eye view of the main sights such as Piazza del Popolo, Borghese Gardens, Via Veneto, Piazza della Republica, Stazione Termini, Santa Maria Maggiore, St. Peter in Chains, Colosseum, St. John Lateran’s, Baths of Carcalla, Circus Maximus, Bocca della Verita, Capitol Hill, Victor Emmanuel Monument, Piazza Venezia, Largo Argentino, Trastevere, Janiculum Hill, San Pietro in Montorio – (short visit to the tombs of O’Neill & O’Donnell), Belevedere and the Garibaldi monument. Evening at leisure.
Day 2 (Wednesdays only)
After breakfast depart to St. Peter’s Square for Papal Audience. Lunch break.
Afternoon visit inside St. Peter’s Basilica and Square. Explore the local area. Evening at leisure.
Visit the Scavi – excavations beneath St. Peter’s which led to the discovery of the Saint’s Tomb. Lunch break in nearby Borgo Pio. Afternoon visit to the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. Evening at leisure.
Transfer to the Basilica of St. John Lateran for visit, then walk to the nearby Irish College where it is possible to celebrate Mass. Afterwards visit San Clemente. Lunch break in Colosseum area. Continue walking in the afternoon past the Colosseum, Roman Forum and on to Capitol Hill. Evening at leisure.
Morning at leisure. For Caravaggio enthusiasts, some of his artwork can be seen in the churches Santa Maria del Popolo, Sant’Agostino and San Luigi dei Francesi. Afternoon excursion to the Catacombe Domitilla for a guided tour and then continue to the lakeside town of Castel Gandolfo to visit the Popes summer residence.
Day 6 (Sundays only)
12.00 hrs. Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square. Lunch break. Take a leisurely stroll to see some more of Romes iconic sights starting from Quirinale Hill (President’s Palace) to the Trevi Fountain, Colonna Square (Parliament Buildings), on to the Pantheon finishing in Piazza Navona.
Following breakfast and checkout, transfer to airport for direct flight back to Dublin.
- Direct return flights Dublin to Rome
- One checked in bag per person max 10 kg and hand bag only allowed on board the aircraft
- 6 nights accommodation, twin sharing, on a bed and breakfast basis
- Coaching as per day to day itinerary (which includes airport transfers, orientation tour, excursion to catacombs and Castel Gandolfo, and transfer to St. John Laterans)
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Guided orientation tour of the city by coach on arrival day
- Services of a GTI Travel representative in Rome
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement to be advised. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Please remember to bring good walking shoes when visiting Rome as it is a city best discovered on foot. It is generally the quickest way to get around and many streets are inaccessible by coach.
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €40pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|AerLingus||Dublin / Rome||EI 402||07:20 / 11:15||2h 55m|
|AerLingus||Rome / Dublin||EI 403||11:15 / 13:35||3h 20m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Send us an enquiry
Do you have any questions?
Call us today for a no-obligation consultation with one of our group tour specialists.