Temps De Flors
Each spring, the streets of Girona fill with colour as the city hosts it’s annual flower festival “Girona Temps de Flors”. The streets become art installations with more than a hundred individual displays. In addition to the music, light, fountains and thousands of flowers, the festival is also a good opportunity to explore the city and discover locations that you might otherwise miss!
Day 1 – Arrival at Barcelona airport
Depart Dublin for Barcelona. You will be welcomed by our English speaking guide, meet your coach and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 – Full day excursion to Barcelona
After breakfast we will be using our coach to take us on
a panoramic tour of this beautiful capital. In the morning we shall be seeing some of Gaudi’s masterpieces along the Paseo de Gracia boulevard and we will include a stop to view arguably the most famous building in Spain: the impressive and recently consecrated Sagrada Familia.
Once we have finished our panoramic tour, we return to centre and after some free time for lunch we will regather for a walk in the old town. Las Ramblas is possibly one of the most famous streets in the world, so we will be having a stroll and taking in the wonderful atmosphere of this most
cosmopolitan of Spanish cities. We will walk through its narrow streets and characteristic little squares, while your guide will be pointing out the main sites this charming area has to offer. We will then meet our driver at the designated point so we can go back to our hotel for dinner.
Day 3 – Blanes & its Botanical gardens
Half day excursion to the port town of Blanes, where fishing still is an important part of the town economy. We shall visit the interesting botanical gardens which are nicely situated on a hill, high over the port of Blanes, where fishing boats and recreational yachts are side by side. In Marimurta, which is the name of the botanic garden, there are 16 hectares of tropical and subtropical plants and trees from all over the world. Guided walking tour of Bilbao. Several places there have wonderful views over the port of Blanes and the Mediterranean. Before we leave Blanes there will be time for a walk in the port or on the beautiful promenade with many possibilities for lunch or just snack before we head for the hotel.
Day 4 – Excursion to Girona and lunch at a traditional Catalan Masia
Today we take our excursion to Girona, a short drive north from our hotel. This is a beautiful city and with just the right size for walking around it. The Cathedral is
impressive and the Jewish quarter is one of the best preserved in Spain and has a rich historical heritage. It also has a nice relaxed feeling to it: nice squares with porticoes and the houses overlooking the river add to its charm. But in our case, the highlight is the fact that we visit the city during “Temps de Flors”. For 11 days in May, the whole of Girona is decorated with ﬂowers and ﬂoral motifs. Not only do the local authorities make a great display, but all local shops, bars, restaurants, etc also reinvent themselves for this period. All in all it’s a great experience for everybody. Once ﬁnished in Girona, we take a road out into the countryside for a very special event: a meal at a traditional Catalan Masia (old farmhouse).
Day 5- Day at leisure
Now you know the area well enough, take some time on your own to do whatever you like. The guide will be happy to help you with suggestions: top up your tan on the beach or catch up with some last-minute shopping.
Day 6 – Departure
Enjoy some time at leisure after breakfast. Later transfer to Barcelona airport for your ﬂight back home.
- Return flights from Dublin to Barcelona
- 10kg hand luggage per person
- Executive coaching throughout
- English speaking tour manager for the duration
- 5 nights accommodation in Hotel URH Tossa de Mar 3* on Half board basis (Breakfast and Dinner) including water and wine
- Full day excursion to Barcelona
- Half day excursion to Blanes and visit to Marimurtra gardens (admissions included)
- Tourist train from Blanes to Marimurtra gardens
- Full day excursion to Girona and lunch at a local restaurant
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €120pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary.
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €37pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Barcelona||TBA||13:00 / 16:15||2h 10m|
|TBA||Barcelona / Dublin||TBA||16:55 / 18:05||2h 10m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Spain
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533