Taj Mahal, palaces, lakes & recreation with Educational Agri Visits
Explore the cultural, architectural and natural beauty of Delhi, Agra, Karauli, Ranthambore & Jaipur! India is rich in history and culture, famous of its astonishing World Heritage Sites, delicious cuisine and high-spirited people who are well-known for their warmth and hospitality. Discover this fascinating country and its farms & villages on this amazing 14-day agricultural holiday.
South Tipperary Agricultural Tour to India
Price from €2469 pps
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Day 1 – Dublin to Delhi
Depart Dublin and fly to Delhi with 1 stopover.
Day 2 – Delhi
Arrive in Delhi Airport, meet your tour manager and transfer to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free before your evening meal and overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Delhi
After breakfast at your hotel, visit the Jama Masjid, the great mosque of Old Delhi is both the largest in India and the final architectural extravagance of Shah Jahan. Explore Chandni Chowk glimpsing tiny shops crammed with spices and trinkets. Drive past the 17th century Red Fort and stop at Raj Ghat, the cremation ground of Mahatma Gandhi. Later drive to Central Delhi to see the interesting Bangla Sahib Sikh temple. You drive past the India Gate. End the tour with visit to Qutub Minar. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Delhi
After breakfast at your hotel, visit Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI). This is the premier research institute in India dedicated to developing new higher yielding varieties of crops and running agricultural institute within campus. The afternoon is at leisure. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Agra
Breakfast & check out and drive to Agra. Afternoon visit Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the finest Mughal forts in India. Sunset visit to Taj Mahal which is a living example of the greatest love story ever told. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – Karauli
After breakfast, drive to Karauli and check in to your hotel. Bhanwar Vilas Palace was built as a royal residence in 1938 by Maharaja Ganesh Pal Deo Bhadur, when he was the ruler of Karauli. Later in the afternoon visit the bustling town of Karauli which is inhabited around City Palace. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Karauli
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to villages near Karauli and visit the farmlands. India has two major crop seasons – Rabi & Kharif. Later visit the home of villagers and speak to them to discuss the opportunities & challenges in Indian agriculture sector. Return to hotel for lunch. Later in the afternoon visit dairy of Bhanwar Vilas. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 8 – Karauli
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Kailadevi Sanctuary to explore villages which live on the peripery of forest. Enjoy picnic lunch at the sanctuary and also spend time with the villagers. Return to your hotel in the afternoon. The evening is at leisure to spend time with the family and relax in the palace. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 9 – Ranthambore
After breakfast, drive to Ranthambore and check in at your wildlife resort. Ranthambhore National Park – formerly the hunting grounds for the Maharajahs of Jaipur before Indian independence. The Park is one of the finest tiger reserve in the country under the Project Tiger. Afternoon safari in Ranthambore National Park by open Canter. Lunch, dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 10 – Ranthambore
Go on a morning safari in Ranthambore National Park. Return to hotel after breakfast. Later visit the plantations. The region around Ranthambore National Park offers very conducive climate for Guava and Gooseberry plantations. Next visit one more dairy farm which has around 100 cows. Return to hotel for late lunch. The afternoon is at leisure. You may like to visit the Ganesh temple which is the residing deity of this region. The temple is set atop Ranthambore Fort and is a good 2 kms walk with a bit of climb up the fort, the view of Ranthambore Tiger Reserve from Fort is breathtaking. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 11 – Jaipur
After breakfast, drive to Jaipur and check in at hotel. Rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 12 – Jaipur
After breakfast, excursion to Amber Fort palace with Elephant ride. Inside the Jag Mandir is the famed Sheesh Mahal – a room with all the four walls and ceiling completely embedded with glittering mirror pieces. En route to Amber Fort, you will have a brief photography stop at Hawa Mahal – the Palace of Winds. In Jaipur city visit Maharaja’s City Palace, the former Royal residence, part of it converted into a museum. Later visit the Jantar Mantar, which is the largest stone and marble crafted observatory in the world. Also, take an interesting Cycle Rickshaw Ride in the crowded bazar of walled city of Jaipur. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 13 – Delhi
After breakfast, drive to Delhi and check in at hotel near airport for 1 night. Rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 14 – Return Home
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to international airport to board the return flight.
- Return flights from Dublin to Delhi, includes 1 stopover
- 3 nights in 4* Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar in Delhi on breakfast and dinner basis
- 1 night in 4* Courtyard by Marriott in Agra, including breakfast
- 3 nights in 3* Heritage Bhanwar Vilas Palace in Kaurauli, including breakfast
- 2 nights in 3* Wildlife Resort Ranthambore Regency in Ranthambore, including breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* Jaipur Marriott in Jaipur, including breakfast
- 1 night in 4* Lemon Tree Premier in Delhi, including breakfast
- 9 dinners & 3 lunches
- Sightseeing of Delhi, visiting the great Mosque of Jama Masjid, the busy market of Chandni Chowk, Mahatma Ghandi’s Raj Ghat memorial, Bangla Sahib Sikh temple and a war memorial of India Gate
- Visit Agra Fort and the majestic Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri, the deserted city showcases one of the finest collections of Indian Mughal architecture and more.
- Amber Fort with Elephant ride, and photo stop at Hawa Mahal – the Palace of Winds
- Visit to Maharaja’s City Palace, Jantar Mantar the largest stone and marble crafted observatory in the World.
- Visit & interactive session at PUSA Agriculral Institute in Delhi
- Farmland, dairy, vermiculture & village experience in Karauli
- Farmland & plantation visit experience in Ranthambore
- Three guided forest safari in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
- The best time to visit India is during the cool, dry season between November and March.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €565. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies (currently €44pp) and details will be sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage
- Optional insurance available from €45pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies and details will be sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information.
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Delhi||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|TBA||Delhi / Dublin||TBA||TBA||TBA|
*next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Delhi
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533