Led by Fr Kieran O’Mahony OSA
Embark on a trip of a lifetime to Ankara, Nicea, Istanbul & Edirne to explore emerging Christianities! This tour examines the letters of St Peter in context led by Fr Kieran O’Mahony OSA.
Meet your Tour Manager at Ankara Esenboğa Airport. Check in to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara. Due to late arrival, a snack instead of dinner will be provided.
After breakfast and lecture, depart from your hotel for the Hittite capital Hattusa (Boğazkale). Lunch and visit of the local museums and sites in the vicinity. Return to the hotel before the dinner time. Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast and lecture, depart from your hotel for the Mausoleum of Atatürk in the morning. After lunch visit of Augustus Temple and the nearby Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast and lecture, check out of your hotel and depart for Nicea (İznik). Lunch on arrival then visit St. Sophia (Church) Museum and the Byzantine ruins around the lake. Later, visit the tile workshops. Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight at Grand Nicea Hotel, İznik.
After breakfast and lecture, check out of your hotel and depart for İstanbul. After lunch, visit St. Sophia (Church) Museum and the Underground Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnıcı). Check in to Novotel İstanbul, Zeytinburnu. Celebration of Mass, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast and lecture, depart your hotel to visit the Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Mosque), lunch and the Topkapı Palace. Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight in Novotel, İstanbul.
After breakfast and lecture, depart for a brief visit of the Theodosian Walls, Chora (Church) Museum before and the Museum of Archaeology after lunch. Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight in Novotel, İstanbul.
After breakfast and lecture, depart the hotel for a short visit to Kalenderiye Mosque, formerly the Church of the Virgin Kyriotissa on the way to the Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent (Architect Sinan’s second best). Tour of Bosphorus by boat, then lunch and visit of Spice Market (Mısır Çarşısı). Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight in Novotel, İstanbul.
After breakfast and lecture, depart for a tour to Edirne – ancient Hadrianopolis. After lunch, visit Selimiye Mosque, (Architect Sinan’s masterpiece), the Burmese Mosque (mosque with three minaret balconies) and the scarce ruins of the Roman Hadrianopolis. Time permitting some other Ottoman ruins and return to Istanbul Novotel for Celebration of Mass, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast and lecture, depart your hotel for a visit of the Covered Bazaar (Kapalı Çarşı), lunch and Turkish Bath (optional and extra) for those who would like to have the experience. A leisurely last day followed by Celebration of Mass, Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to the airport for your return flight.
Return flights with Turkish Airlines from Dublin to Istanbul including taxes & charges
Professional tour manager and executive coach transfers throughout
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner each day
Visit the Hittite capital Hattusa
Visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk, the Augustus Temple & the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations
Visit Nicea, St Sophia Church Museum, the Byzantine Ruins & the Underground Yerbatan Sarnici
Visit the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque & the Topkapi Palace
Visit the Theodosian Walls, the Chora Museum & the Istanbul Museum of Archaeology
Visit the Kalenderiye Mosque & the Mosque of Suleyman
Tour Bosphorus by boat and visit the Spice Market
Visit Edirne – ancient Hadrianoplois, see the Selimiye Mosque, the Burmese Mosque & the ruins of
Visit Istanbul’s famous covered Bazaar – Kapalı Çarşı – with the option to enjoy a Turkish Bath
Free time for shopping and sightseeing
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €220pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage
- Optional insurance available from €42pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies and details will be sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information.
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
*1 Denotes next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Istanbul
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533