Kremlin, Cathedrals, Sergiev Posad and Trinity Laura
Take in the highlights of Moscow, Russia’s capital city on this 6-day escorted tour. Discover the fascinating history of the Soviet state and the magnificence of its monuments. Visit the Kremlin and Red Square, Bunker-42 Cold War Museum, Metro & Arbat Street, Armory Chamber, Tretiakov gallery, Sergiev Posad, Trinity Laura & more.
Price from €1299 pps
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Depart Dublin for Moscow.
On arrival, meet your tour manager and proceed for your guided sightseeing city tour of Moscow. You will see the largest square in the world — Red Square, Lenin’s Mausoleum and St. Basil’s Cathedral of the XVI century. During the tour we will make several stops to see the New Maidens Convent (Novodevichy), Bolshoi Theater, Moscow University and to admire the panorama of the city from the Sparrow Hills (Vorobiovy Gory). You will also visit the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the highest Orthodox church in the world. At the foot of the cathedral, the Patriarch’s Bridge is thrown over the Moskva River where a magnificent view of the red towers and golden domes of the Kremlin opens up. After lunch go on the Metro Tour tour. The metro of Moscow is undoubtedly the most beautiful metro in the world. All the stations are different; each has a unique style. Some people say that stations are as beautiful as interiors of a palace. That’s why people call them the underground palaces. Transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit the famous Kremlin & Cathedrals. This stronghold is situated on 40-meter high hill. Originally in the XII century the Kremlin was made of wood and was rebuilt in stone much later. It is surrounded with a 2-km wall that has 20 beautiful towers. We will visit one of these cathedrals and admire masterpieces of Russian icon painters. You will also see the famous Tsar Bell, a huge bell that weighs 200 tons and the largest cannon in the world — the Tsar Cannon that weighs 40 tons. Later he famous Armoury chamber is located in one of the buildings of the Kremlin. It houses the fascinating collection of jewellery. From the XIV century till the beginning of the XIX century the Armoury Chamber stored the treasures of Moscow tsars. Then walk along Arbat Street. It is a pedestrian street about one kilometer long located in the historical centre of Moscow. The Arbat has existed since at least the XV century, thus it can be called one of the oldest surviving streets of the Russian capital. Return to your hotel for overnight.
After breakfast, depart for the Back to USSR: Mysteries of Cold War tour. See Bunker-42 on Taganka — a huge structure more than 7,000 m², located at a depth of 65 meters in the centre of Moscow. Back to USSR is dedicated to the history of the nuclear standoff. Visitors learn how the bunker is protected from all factors of destruction of nuclear weapons, realize how close was the danger of World War III. Free time for lunch (at own expense). Later visit Tretiakov Gallery. The history of this museum dates back to 1860 when an entrepreneur Pavel Tretiakov started buying objects of art for the decoration of halls and rooms of his Moscow house. Today the collection that numbers more than 100,000 pieces can illustrate the development of Russian art from its origins till the XX century, i.e. from anonymous Russian icons to the paintings signed by Kandinsky and Malevich. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Sergiev Posad & Trinity Laura, it is situated at about 70 km to the north of Moscow. It has an interesting collection of excellent monuments of Russian culture created during the period from the XV to the XVII centuries. Trinity Monastery of St. Sergius is situated here. The monastery is the centre of Russian Orthodox Church and one of the residences of the Patriarch of Moscow. In the central square of the monastery there is a sacred spring that is visited by all the pilgrims who arrive here to see the relics of St. Sergius of Radonezh, the saint who founded the monastery. It is UNESCO World Heritage Site. After lunch (at own expense), return to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Return direct flights with Aeroflot from Dublin to Moscow
- 10 kg hand luggage plus 23kg checked luggage
- 4 nights in the 4* Holiday Inn Lesnaya located in the centre of Moscow
- English speaking tour manager & executive coach transfers
- Guided city tour of Moscow to include Sparrow Hills, Cathedral of the Christ the Saviour and
- Novodevichy Convent
- Metro tour
- Kremlin and Cathedrals Tour
- Armory Chamber Tour including Tsars Treasures
- Guided walk of old Arbat Street
- Back to USSR: Mysteries of Cold War Tour
- Visit to Tretiakov gallery
- Excursions to Sergiev Posad and Trinity Laura (also known as Russian Vatican)
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €210. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage & 1 piece of checked-in luggage
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- All visa applicants are required to fill their visa application form online at visa.kdmid.ru
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Aeroflot||Dublin / Moscow||SU2591G||22:55 / 04:55*||3h 45m|
|Aeroflot||Moscow / Dublin||SU2590G||19:35 / 22:00||3h 55m|
*next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Moscow
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533