Havana, Trinidad & Varadero
Join us on this once in a lifetime escorted holiday to Cuba and discover the unique character and fascinating history this fantastic country has to offer.
Day 1 – Dublin to Cuba
Depart Dublin for your flight to Havana. Arrive in Cuba where you will meet your local tour manager and transfer to your hotel to check-in.
Day 2 – Havana
Breakfast at your hotel. Today, the group will depart for a full day city tour of Havana, Cuba’s vibrant capital, including visits to the Havana Club Rum Museum, a tobacco factory and the impressive Museum of Revolution. Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Havana
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer from Havana to Vinales where you will have visits of Los Jazmines Viewpoint, Pre-Historic Murial and El Indio Caves. Return to your hotel in Havana for overnight.
Day 4 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. One day at leisure in Havana. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Bay of Pigs site and Museum & Cienfuegos
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Depart Havana for transfer to Trinidad, stopping enroute for a visit to the Bay of Pigs site and Museum. This historical area is the location of an unsuccessful invasion of Cuba by exiles trained by the CIA, in an attempt to overthrow President Fidel Castro and the communnist government he led in April of 1961. Afterwards there will be a brief visit to the city of Cienfuegos before continuing south to Trinidad for check-in and evening meal at your hotel.
Day 6 – Trinidad
Breakfast at your hotel. Today the group will enjoy a full day tour of Trinidad and a walking tour of the old town with Plaza Mayor including a visit to Church Parroquial de la Santísima, Casa “Templo de Santería Yemayá, Museum de Arquitectura Colonial. Afterwards the group will enjoy a Chanchanchara Cocktail followed by a visit to Casa de la Trova (House of Music). Return to your hotel in the early evening for your evening meal and overnight in Trinidad.
Day 7 – Santa Clara
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Depart Trinidad and transfer to Varadero stopping enroute in Santa Clara for a guided tour. Santa Clara is a pretty and quaint town located in central Cuba which became a significant location in the Cuban Revolution after the Battle of Santa Clara, a series of events that took place in December of 1958 and led to the capture of the city by revolutionaries under the command of Che Guevara. Today’s fascinating guided tour includes entrance to the Che Guevara Museum & Mausoleum plus a visit to the Tren Blindado national memorial, monument and museum. Continue on to Varadero in the early evening for check-in and evening meal.
Day 8 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend at your leisure in Varadero, one of the largest resort towns in the Caribbean. Situated between the Bay of Cárdenas and the Straits of Florida take your time to soak up the tropical sunshine, stroll along the white sandy beaches or mix with the friendly locals at a nearby cafe or bar. Evening meal at your hotel and overnight.
Day 9 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend at your leisure in Varadero before your evening meal at your hotel and overnight.
Day 10 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend at your leisure. Transfer to your hotel in Havana.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to Havana Airport for return flight to Dublin.
- Return flights Dublin to Havana including taxes & charges plus checked in bag
- Professional tour manager, local guides and air-conditioned coach transfers
- 4 nights at the 4* Hotel Meliá Habana, Havana, including breakfast each day (or similar)
- 2 nights at the Trinidad Hostal Vivian y Pablo in Trinidad including breakfast each day (or similar)
- 4 nights at the 4* Iberostar Bella Vista in Varadero including breakfast each day (or similar)
- 4 lunches & 8 evening meals
- Guided city tour of Havana including Havana Club Museum of Rum, Habano World (tobacco museum) and the impressive Museum of the Revolution
- Visit to Vinales including the beautiful Los Jazmines Viewpoint, the Pre-Historic Murial and the fascinating El Indio Caves
- Visit to the Bay of Pigs Invasion site and the beautiful city of Cienfuegos
- Guided sightseeing tour of Trinidad including visits to the Romantic Museum and Canchanchara and Casa de la Trova
- Visit to Santa Clara including visits to the Che Guevara Museum and Mausoleum and Tren Blindado
- Note: Although now on the verge of change, one of Cuba’s most attractive traits is its lack of mass tourism. This is reflected in the authentic & traditional hotels still to be found throughout Cuba. While offering all the facilities and services a visitor could want, it is important to be aware that the standards of food & accommodation available is of a different benchmark to the rest of the world, adding to the irresistible appeal of this amazing country.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €399pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage
- Optional insurance available from €45pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies and details will be sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information.
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Air Canada||Dublin / Toronto||AC 843||10:10 / 12:25||7h 15m|
|Air Canada||Toronto / Havana||AC1876||20:00 / 23:30||
|Air Canada||Varadero / Montréal||AC1747||11:45 / 15:20||3h 15m|
|Air Canada||Montréal / Dublin||AC 818||21:15 / 08:30*||5h 47m|
*Next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Havana
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533