Limassol, Nicosia, Paphos & Troodos Mountain Villages Discover a charismatic island full of fascinating culture and landscapes, immersed in myth and riddled with ancient treasures on this 8-day escorted holiday.
Day 1 – Dublin to Limassol Arrival at Larnaca Airport. Meet your local tour guide and transfer to Limassol. Check-into your hotel. Dinner and overnight at your hotel. Day 2 – Limassol Breakfast at your hotel. Depart for a half day orientation tour of the Limassol in the afternoon. The tour starts from the ruins of the ancient city of Amathus. Continue to Kolossi Castle, formerly headquarters of the Knights Templar but largely reconstructed in the 15th century. Later return to the old centre of Limassol for some free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight. Day 3 – Nicosia After breakfast, your guide will take you for a tour to Nicosia. Known as the world’s last divided capital, Nicosia is divided by the green line which separated the Greek Cypriots and the Turkish Cypriots. Today visit a handicraft centre and see the traditional skills still performed, and then continue to the “Green Line” which divides the city, passing through the Venetian walls encircling the town and the Statue of Liberty. Here you will visit St. John’s Cathedral, main church of the Church of Cyprus. The church was built in 1662 on the ruins of Benedictine monastery. Later visit the city’s most popular area called “Laiki Yitonia”, the 19th century quarter which has now been restored to its former glory. This area has seen the restoration of houses that are typical examples of traditional Cypriot urban architecture and are used today as shops, restaurants and craft centres. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight. Day 4 – Aphrodite’s Rock – Paphos Town Breakfast at your hotel. Start today by passing through the wine growing region around Limassol and through the fragrant citrus plantations – lemons, oranges, and grapefruits, the rugged coastline reveals the ruins of Curium, a city built in 1200 BC with its huge amphitheatre overlooking the bay of Akrotiri. Passing through the sovereign base of Episkopi, look down upon the most famous landmark in Cyprus – “Aphrodite’s Rock”, the birthplace of the Goddess of Love & Beauty. In Paphos, you will visit St. Paul’s Pillar, the ruins of the basilica of Chrysopolitissa. St Paul was bitten forty times minus one at this place. The present church of Chrysopolitissa is shared by the Anglican and Catholic congregation, who hold regular services at the invitation of the local Orthodox priest. Free time at the picturesque fishing harbor of Pafos. Later visit the House of Dionysos in Pafos Archaeological Park – preserved ruins of a Roman villa dating to the 2nd, century known for colorful mosaics of Dionysus. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight. Day 5 – Free Day Breakfast at your hotel. Free day to relax & unwind or to see more of this fascinating city, your guide will help with various options for this day. Day 6 – Troodos Square – Kakopetria Village – Wine Tasting Breakfast at your hotel. Today enjoy a tour of Troodos Mountains, renowned since antiquity for its dense forests and rich mines. You will first visit the medieval village Omodos which still retains its charm and beauty, marvel at the folk architecture of the old dwellings and the old restored. At Omodos, you will visit a local winery followed by a visit to the picturesque wine village, which still retains its charm and beauty. After visiting its famous monastery dedicated to the Holy Cross, enjoy a walk using the old dwellings admiring the folk architecture, handmade lace and crafts and visit the old wine press of the village. Then continue on to Kakopetria village. Offering a real taste of authentic Cyprus, the rustic Kakopetria village is amongst the most beautiful, nestled in the Solea Valley. Enjoy a walk along the old part of the village to see the architecture style of the restored houses, followed by traditional lunch. In the afternoon you will visit Panayia Podithou – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built in 1502 and once belonged to a monastery. Return to hotel late in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at your hotel. Day 7 – Optional Tour to Lefkara Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Lefkara village. Lefkara is where the Cypriot folk needlecraft art is born – the famous “lefkaritiko” – which the reputation of has gone beyond the frontiers of Cyprus and has become known in most of the European countries but not only there. Lefkara owes its welfare and prosperity as always spotted to this needlecraft art and to its trade launched in the late 19th century, flourishing during the 20th century first thirty years. Then continue on to Kiti village, where you will visit Angeloktisti church, with the magnificent mosaics (6th century) made of semi precious stones and gold. Later visit the church of St. Lazarus, built over his tomb during the 9th century. Then continue on to Pierides museum, which contains a huge collection of archaeological treasures from Neolithic times up to the Medieval period. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Dinner and overnight in your hotel. Day 8 – Departure Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to the Airport for departure. Flight home to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Larnaca including taxes & charges
- Professional English speaking tour guides & executive coach transfers
- 7 nights at the 4* Poseidonia Hotel in Limassol with breakfast and dinner included each day
- Full day excursion to Nicosia, St. John’s Cathedral and Laiki Yitonia
- Full day excursion to the Paphos, Aphrodite’s Rock and House of Dionysos
- Excursion to include a Troodos Mountains and Kakopetria village
- Excursion to Omodos Village including wine-tasting
- Plenty of free time for sightseeing, shopping and relaxing
- Booking Remarks
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €259pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Sea-view supplement €99pp
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Ryanair||Dublin / Paphos||FR3332||17:15 / 00:25||4h 50m|
|Ryanair||Paphos / Dublin||FR3333||13:40 / 16:50||4h 50m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Cyprus
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533