Thurles Farmers’ Holiday to Bucharest, Transylvania & Dracula’s Castle
Step back in time to a medieval land of painted monasteries & dramatic castles and discover there is more to Romania than the fairytales. Explore a wealth of folkloric heritage, picturesque villages the wonderful scenery of the Carpathian Mountains. Tour the historical heart of Transylvania and learn the legend of the fabled Vlad the Impaler plus visit Bran castle also known as Dracula’s Castle.
Price from €1549 pps
Select available date to book this holiday.
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Want to book?
Phone us on 01-8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Depart Dublin for Romania. On arrival, enjoy some free time in Bucharest. An optional dinner with folk show at a restaurant in the old town can be organized. Check-in and overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today enjoy a city tour of vibrant Bucharest. Also visit Obor Agro market, one of Romania’s biggest and oldest produce halls. For almost as long as the city of Bucharest has existed, peasants have been travelling to Obor to sell their farm produce. You will also time to visit to the Palace of Parliament – the second largest administrative building in the World after the Pentagon. In the late afternoon you will visit the Village Museum. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast & check-out. Depart for beautiful Sibiu, the European Capital of Culture in 2007 and the capital of medieval Transylvania. En route you will visit the striking monastery in Curtea de Arges with its unique twisted towers. The monastery features in Romania’s most famous legend The Legend of Master Manole. It is believed that the Black King stopped here with his soldiers and was enchanted by the surroundings. Here you will also get a chance to see the graves of the kings. Enjoy lunch and city tour of Sibiu. Check-in to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Depart for cheese tasting at Manufactura de Branza in Cund. Enjoy a tour of the factory, with explaining the production process and with visiting the cellar where the cheese is kept for 2 months until it gets to its consumers. Later enjoy wine tasting experience at Blaj followed by free time in Sibiu. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Transfer to to visit the medieval town of Sighisoara where you will explore the clock tower including the sinister Torture Room and the Weapons Room. Stop for lunch in the area and proceed to see the Water buffalo farm from Mesendorf. Check-in & overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Proceed to see the Tinder (Amadou) processing workshop and then transfer to visit the salt mine in Praid. Stop for lunch in Csikisor in Miercurea Ciuc including a beer tasting experience. Later experience Bear Hide with cart in Baile Tusnad. Overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast & checkout transfer to visit Catean farm – a family business with a tradition in raising animals and making traditional products. It has become a model in agriculture. Continue to the famous Bran Castle, well known as Dracula’s Castle, where you can find out about the history vs. the legend. Enjoy some free time in Brasov before check-in & overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit the Berca Mud Volcanoes and Bison Valley natural reservation from Brașov. Observe a natural phenomenon, with geographical insights provided by your guide, then head into the Valley of Zimbri to see bison herds and learn more about the work done to reintroduce them to the wild. Later you will have a tour of the medieval town of Brasov. In the afternoon enjoy some free time in Brasov. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- Return flights from Dublin to Bucharest including taxes & charges
- Professional English speaking guide and executive coach transfers
- 2 nights in 4* Concorde Hotel in Bucharest with breakfast
- 2 nights in 5* Hotel Hilton in Sibiu with breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* Odorheiu Secuiesc Septimia Spa Resort with breakfast
- 2 nights in 3* Long Street Hotel in Brasov with breakfast
- 4 meals
- Sightseeing tour of Bucharest
- Visit Racos Volcano, Basalt columns and Emerald lake
- Visit Mud Volcanoes and Bison Sanctuary
- Visit to the medieval town of Sighisoara
- Visit the traditional village of Viscri
- City tour of Brasov
- Excursion to Sinaia & Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €269pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 cabin bag (10 Kg). Additional luggage available to purchase at an extra cost
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel.
- Photo tax at/inside tourist sites may apply, payable locally.
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Ryanair||Dublin / Bucharest||FR 7346||16:00 / 21:50||3h 50m|
|Ryanair||Bucharest / Dublin||FR 7347||22:15 / 00:10*||3h 40m|
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Bucharest
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.