Educational Agri Holiday
Explore the picturesque city of Heidelberg, discover the Black Forest and experience fascinating Berlin. Plus enjoy a number of interesting agricultural farm visits in Germany.
Black Forest, Heidelberg & Berlin
Price from €1389 pps
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need Help Booking?
Call 01 843 4734
Depart Dublin for Frankfurt in the morning. On arrival you will meet your professional tour manager and transfer to Heidelberg, Germany’s oldest and most famous university town. Tour this beautiful town, see the shopping streets, visit the old Bridge, see the Holy Ghost Church, the Market area, and show you how to visit the scenic overlook of the Castle, either by foot, along Burgweg and “Heaven’s Ladder” steps, or by the Bergbahn, the funicular Railway to the Castle and Summit. Go on a boat cruise offering fine views of Old Town Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley. Check in & overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast you will travel to Mannheim to visit Fort de Schoenenbourg- Maginot line. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It comprises 8 blocks for 650 men. You can tour the barracks, the kitchens, the command post, the generating plant, see gun positions, retractable gun turrets, magazines for the ammunition. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Benzinger Hof, a cattle Farm with milking cows and heifers, in Dornstetten. This Farm has 250 cows and all the female heifers. It has the breed Fleckvieh which is sometimes called Simmental by farmers. Later visit the Black Forest region. It is essentially known for three distinctive features: its highlands, scenery and woods. This region is famous for Black Forest Gateau (‘Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte’), tasty cherry schnapps and the traditional cuckoo-clock. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit Stuttgart, capital of southwest Germany’s Baden-Württemberg state, is known as a manufacturing hub. Mercedes-Benz and Porsche have headquarters and museums here. You will visit Mercedes Museum. Take a journey through more than 130 years of fascinating automotive history and on into the future at this fascinating museum. Or visit German Museum of Agriculture in Hohenheim which illustrates agricultural progress, from primitive farm implements to the latest in agricultural technology. It shows how technical innovations have revolutionised farmers’ working conditions over the years. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Today travel to Berlin with a visit to Mrs Muellers Farm enroute. It is a biogas, dairy and cattle farm located north east of Frankfurt. Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the farm, followed by a leisurely cup of tea or coffee and cake. Continue to your hotel in Berlin for check-in and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today enjoy a walking tour of Berlin covering key WW2 and Soviet places including the Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, the site of Hitler’s Bunker, Plotzensee Memorial Complex, Stauffenberg Museum and execution place at the Bendlerblock, the site of Gestapo Headquarters, Checkpoint Charlie, Alexanderplatz, and the remains of the Berlin Wall. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today visit the former STASI Headquarters. Learn first-hand of the harsh regime those in East Germany lived under and discover the massive surveillance apparatus of the GDR’s secret police. Walking along the bare, red-carpeted corridors and looking at the busts of Lenin and Felix Dzerzhinsky, models for both the KGB and Stasi, it all seems part of a distant past, not an era which ended only in 1990. Later in the afternoon visit the evocative Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and Museum in morning. Sachsenhausen was one of the main concentration camps in Nazi Germany, purposely built in 1936 by the SS. It was the second major camp to be built after Dachau and was intended to set a standard for other concentration camps. Or enjoy free time in the city. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Today enjoy free time in Berlin for sightseeing, shopping and exploring at leisure before your evening flight to Dublin.
- Flights from Dublin to Frankfurt & Berlin to Dublin
- Professional tour guide & executive coaching throughout
- 4 nights in 4* Achat Plaza Hotel including breakfast
- 3 nights in a central hotel in Berlin including breakfast
- 3 evening meals and 1 lunch
- A visit to the fort de Schoenenbourg underground bunker (Maginot line)
- Guided tour of Heidelberg including castle & boat trip
- Visit to the Black Forest region
- Visit to Stuttgart & Mercedes Museum
- Guided tour of Berlin covering Hitler’s Bunker, Topography of Terror, Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall Memorial & Documentation Centre
- Visit to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Visit to the notorious STASI Headquarters
- Assistance in planning 3 farm visits
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €285. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed.
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel – prices may vary
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|TBA||Dublin / Frankfurt||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|TBA||Berlin / Dublin||TBA||TBA||TBA|
*next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Berlin
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533