Embark on a trip of a lifetime to the green & peaceful country of New Zealand. Experience Maori culture, craggy coastlines, sweeping beaches, snow-capped mountains and impressive geysers. And this truly majestic scenery offers a stunning backdrop some fascinating agricultural visits including innovative beef, dairy and tillage farms. Visit the charming & vibrant Australian city of Sydney & take a cruise on the most spectacular harbour in the world! A truly remarkable tour! And this truly majestic scenery offers a stunning backdrop some fascinating agricultural visits including innovative grassland dairy farms. A truly remarkable tour!
Day 1 – 24 Nov: Depart Dublin
Depart Dublin Airport for your flight to Hamad International Airport, Doha, with Qatar Airlines.
Day 2 – 25 Nov: Flight to New Zealand
Connect with your flight to New Zealand. Overnight on the flight.
Day 3 – 26 Nov: Arrive New Zealand
Arrive Auckland International Airport and meet your local GTI representative for transfer to your hotel by executive coach. En route a brief orientation tour of Auckland is included. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of downtown Auckland. It is only a short walk to the Viaduct Basin and a variety of cafés, restaurants and bars. Overnight in Auckland.
Day 4 – 27 Nov: Auckland
Following breakfast at your hotel enjoy a half-day sightseeing tour of Auckland, known as the ‘City of Sails’ due to the large number of yachts and sail-boats that use the beautiful waters of Auckland Harbour and the stunning Hauraki Gulf. Visit the Auckland War Memorial Museum including the Maori and Pacific Islands Court. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Auckland.
Day 5 – 28 Nov: Waikato Valley & farm visit
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart Auckland and travel south through the lush green dairy farmlands of the Waikato Valley. Visit a dairy farm to view Herd Homes, a covered area in which animals can relax, be fed and lie down in comfort – all with a built-in and sustainable effluent system. This unique system combines the best features of traditional standoff areas, feed pads, and loafing areas, with the added benefit of protecting the animal from the elements. Continue to Hamilton and enjoy a visit to a local farm in the afternoon. Hamilton is New Zealand’s largest inland city – a modern and vibrant city, which straddles the Waikato River. It is an important dairying and agricultural servicing, manufacturing and distribution centre. It is also renowned for its progressive University and tertiary institutions, high quality private schools and as a centre for agriculture research and innovation. There is a strong Maori cultural presence in Hamilton, which is also home to migrants from around the world. The riverside, parks and gardens offer lovely walks! Overnight in Hamilton.
Day 6 – 29 Nov: Farm visits
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning visit a local dairy farm. Lunch at Longlands Dairy Farm and restaurant, a working dairy farm that also offers a delicious lunch amidst lovely gardens. In the afternoon visit one of New Zealand’s best thoroughbred horse racing studs. Free time in the evening and overnight in Hamilton.
Day 7 – 30 Nov: Lake Taupo & farm visit
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart Hamilton and travel south through rolling farmland to Lake Taupo, New Zealand’s largest fresh water lake. Visit a large beef, deer and sheep property overlooking Lake Taupo. The farm is a 4300ha property, with 2500ha effective grazing. They winter 7,500 ewes, 2000 hoggets, 600 breeding cows, 2800 hinds, and progeny. Taupo is a very popular resort, located on the shores off lovely Lake Taupo and renowned around the world for its quality trout fishing. Overnight in Taupo.
Day 8 – 01 Dec: Wai O Tapu, Agrodome, Rainbow Springs & traditional Maori evening
Following breakfast depart Taupo and drive north to Rotorua. En route visit Wai O Tapu, one of the most colourful geothermal reserves. Visit Agrodome and enjoy the informative and entertaining sheep show. Also visit Rainbow Springs to see the huge rainbow trout and the rare kiwi birds. This evening transfer from the hotel to Tamaki Marae and learn about the culture of the Maori people, taste traditional food cooked over hot stones in an earth oven and be entertained and educated with concert party performing Maori songs and dance including the vigorous haka. At the conclusion of the evening you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Rotorua.
Day 9 – 02 Dec: Fly to Queenstown
After breakfast transfer to Auckland Airport for your Air New Zealand flight to Queenstown. This evening enjoy dinner in the Skyline Restaurant overlooking Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains. Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 10 – 03 Dec: Queenstown & Walter Peak High Country Station
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning there will be a guided sightseeing tour of Queenstown including a drive out past the famous Shotover River to historic Arrowtown, the site of a major 1860s gold rush and where some of the scenes were shot for the iconic Lord Of The Rings trilogy. After an afternoon spent at your leisure, board the TSS Earnslaw for a relaxing evening cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Station and enjoy dinner at the Colonel’s Homestead. Overnight in Queenstown
Day 11 – 04 Dec: Farm visits
After breakfast depart the hotel for a full day visit to farms in the Southland region including lunch. Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 12 – 05 Dec: Mt Cook National Park
After breakfast depart and travel through the Kawarau Gorge to Cromwell and on past Lake Dunstan through sheep and cattle farming country. Drive over the Lindis Pass and descend to the McKenzie Country. The landscape is barren, dry and covered in tussock. Continue up through the McKenzie Country & then on to Mt Cook National Park. Time to enjoy the National Park with some short walks. Continue to Twizel. Dinner at the hotel & overnight in Twizel.
Day 13 – 06 Dec: Travel past Lakes Pukaki and Tekapo & over Burke Pass
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart and travel past Lakes Pukaki and Tekapo then over Burke Pass and on to the fertile Canterbury Plains to Christchurch. Overnight in your hotel near Christchurch.
Day 14 – 07 Dec: Farm visits
Breakfast at your hotel. Today enjoy a full day of local farm visits. Overnight in your hotel near Christchurch.
Day 15 – 08 Dec: Sydney
Following breakfast transfer to Christchurch Airport for your flight to Sydney. Arrive in Sydney and enjoy a city tour visiting the historical Rocks area. See St Mary’s Cathedral, Parliament House, Darling Harbour, Chinatown and Mrs Macquarie’s Chair with splendid views over this magnificent harbour. Continue on your coach tour through cosmopolitan Kings Cross, Rushcutters Bay, Double Bay and Watson’s Bay before stopping at the world-famous Bondi Beach. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Sydney.
Day 16 – 09 Dec: Sydney
Following breakfast enjoy a guided tour of Sydney Opera House, described as the Eighth Wonder of the World. In the afternoon take a cruise on magnificent Sydney Harbour. See spectacular views of the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Fort Denison, million dollar mansions and the bays that dot the harbour. Evening at leisure and overnight in Sydney.
Day 17 – 10 Dec: Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Free day to enjoy Sydney at leisure. Overnight in Sydney.
Day 18 – 11 Dec: Free Day & Depart
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Free day to enjoy Sydney at leisure. Depart Sydney for Doha. Overnight on the flight.
Day 19 – 12 Dec: Arrive Home
Connect with your flight to Dublin arriving home in the morning.
- Flights with Qatar Airlines from Dublin to Auckland & from Sydney to Dublin via Doha including taxes & charges
- Air New Zealand flights from North Island to South Island and on to Sydney including taxes & charges
- Professional tour manager and executive coach transfers throughout
- 2 nights in the 4* Grand Millennium Hotel Auckland in North Island with breakfast
- 2 nights in the 4* Distinction Hamilton Hotel in North Island with breakfast
- 1 night in the 4* Wairakei Resort in Tatupo (North Island) with breakfast
- 1 night in the 4* Distinction Hotel Rotorua in North Island with breakfast
- 3 nights in the 4* Heartland Queenstown Hotel in South Island with breakfast
- 1 night in the 4* MacKenzie Country Inn in Twizel in South Island with breakfast
- 2 nights at the 4* Quality Hotel Elms in Christchurch (South Island) with breakfast
- 3 nights at the 4* Parkroyal Darling Harbour hotel in Sydney including breakfast
- Fascinating tours in New Zealand visiting beautiful Auckland, the lush green Waikato Valley, lovely Lake Taupo, the colourful Wai O Tapu geo thermal reserve, pretty Lake Wakatipu, energetic Queenstown, spectacular Mt. Cook National Park, vibrant Christchurch & visit Rainbow Springs to see the rare kiwi birds
- Visit Eden Park, Home of the All Blacks & NZ’s largest sports stadium
- Guided tour of Sydney, cruise on Sydney Harbour & tour of the Opera House
- Selection of fascinating agricultural visits including dairy, beef and tillage farms
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €980pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €500pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage
- Optional insurance available from €59pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, hotels prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Airline||Date||From / To||Flt. No.||Depart / Land||Approx. Flt. Time|
|Qatar Airlines||24 Nov 19||Dublin / Doha||QR 018||13:55 / 23:59||7h 10m|
|Qatar Airlines||25 Nov 19||Doha / Auckland||QR 920||02:10 / 04:50*||16h 35m|
|Qatar Airlines||11 Dec 19||Sydney / Doha||QR 909||21:45 / 04:50*||14h 45m|
|Qatar Airlines||12 Dec 19||Doha / Dublin||QR 017||07:20 / 12:25||7h 5m|
*Next day arrival
All flight times are local and subject to change
Local Time in Auckland
GMT is never adjusted backwards or forwards. Ireland is on GMT between mid-autumn & the beginning of spring. Daylight saving time (BST) is GMT+1.