With educational agricultural visits!Enjoy a lifetime to the incredibly beautiful South Africa including morning & evening safaris at the spectacular Kariega Game Reserve!
Inspirational South Africa
Remember this is a sample itinerary and can be tailored to suit your group’s requirements! Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Need help booking?
Call us on 01 8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business for 16 years
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Day 1 – Dublin to South AfricaFly from Dublin to South Africa. Overnight on the flight.
Day 2 – Cape TownArrive in South Africa where you will be met by your professional tour guide. Enjoy a tour of Cape Town including the Castle of Good Hope, St. George’s Cathedral, Company Gardens and Malay Quarter. Continue to the impressive Table Mountain & travel by cable car to the peak with 360° views of the surroundings. Check-in to the Southern Sun Waterfront hotel within walking distance of the vibrant city centre. Welcome dinner & overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 – Cape PeninsulaNo visit to the Western Cape can ever be complete without spending a full day on the exquisite Cape Peninsula. Depart your hotel & travel via the fishing village of Hout Bay to Chapman’s Peak Drive (with photo stops en route) and then to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve where you will view the Cape of Good Hope itself, as well as Cape Point. From here you will make your way to the last British Naval town in South Africa – Simon’s Town with free time for lunch. In the afternoon enjoy a walk in the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon for an evening at leisure. Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 4 – Robben IslandBreakfast at your hotel. Depart for a visit to Robben Island, internationally know as the place where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned. You will visit the Robben Island Museum, Nelson Mandela Gateway and the maximum security prison. When you return to the mainland you will make your way directly to the Stellenbosch region for a wine tasting in a selected wine/brandy cellar. After the tasting, a short drive brings you the Aberdeen-Angus stud at Vredenheim, for a technical visit to the breeding herd of red Angus. Lunch box provided today en route. Return to the city for an evening at own leisure. Dinner at your own expense. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Betty’s Bay, Hermanus & Farm StayBreakfast at your hotel & check-out. Depart for the south coast of the Western Cape to Betty’s Bay & visit the African penguin colony at Stony Point. Continue to Hermanus to see the Humpback Whales that frequent this part of the coastline. In the afternoon travel to Swellendam where you will be staying overnight on a working farm. Enjoy a typical South African braai dinner in the lapa farm with entertainment. Overnight in Swellendam.
Day 6 – Agricultural ToursAfter breakfast and check out, a short drive will bring you to nearby Suurbraak, where you can visit one or two dairy farms with Dairymaster equipment. Continue to an area close to Heidelberg to see a mixed farming setup of Neels & Anne-Lize Uys at the Skeiding Guest Farm. The farmer will show you his flock of commercial ostriches, Dohne Merino sheep (multipurpose sheep – giving fine wool and good quality meat), Nguni Beef cattle (indigenous breed of African cattle, resistant to most of the bovine disease), while also discussing the production of wheat and rapeseed. A farm lunch will be enjoyed here. Continue to Mossel Bay for check-in & overnight.
Day 7 – Agricultural ToursBreakfast at hotel & check out. Depart to the outskirts of George – the first town to be established in SA under British rule. Here you will visit a vegetable production farm for discussions with the owner on production and marketing. At this time of year the main focus is on cauliflower and broccoli but other crops are grown too. Enjoy a farm lunch before driving to a neighbouring farm where potatoes are produced and where they have a significant dairy herd (Jerseys). Continue to your hotel in Knysna for check-in & overnight.
Day 8 – Free DayBreakfast at hotel. Enjoy a free day to explore the quaint town of Knysna at your leisure. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 9 – Monkeyland, Birds of Eden Aviary & the Storms RiverBreakfast at hotel & check out. Travel from Knysna via Plettenberg Bay to the Craggs, where you will visit Monkeyland for a guided tour of this primate facility. Then visit the adjacent Birds of Eden aviary – largest single dome aviary in the world. Continue to Storms River Village for a stop at the Paul Sauer Bridge. Depart for the friendly city of Port Elizabeth to check-in to your hotel. Dinner at your hotel & overnight.
Day 10 – Port Elizabeth & Kariga Game ReserveAfter a leisurely breakfast, your coach will take you on a short tour of the Port Elizabeth, before continuing to Kariga Game Reserve where you will check-in for 2 nights on a full board basis. Kariga Game Reserve is an authentic South African safari were you can experience a close up viewing of the Big 5 – lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and buffalo – as well as multitudes of other safari wildlife. You will also enjoy the breathtaking vistas over the hills, valleys and rivers of the 10,000 hectares of Kariga’s pristine wilderness. Lunch, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 11 – Kariga Game ReserveA predawn wake-up call for your morning game drive and return to the lodge for a buffet breakfast. Free time during the day to enjoy the game reserve and the facilities at your hotel. Evening safari from the comfort of an open game drive vehicle. Lunch, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 12 – DepartAfter another early morning game drive and breakfast. Check-out of your hotel and depart. Fly from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg and onward to Dublin. Overnight on the flight.
Day 13 – Arrive HomeArrive in Dublin.
- Flights from Dublin to South Africa with British Airways or Emirates including taxes and charges
- Internal flight from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg
- Professional tour guide and coach transfers throughout
- 3 nights at a 4* hotel in Cape Town with breakfast
- 1-night accommodation in Swellendam on a working farm with breakfast
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Mossel Bay with breakfast
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Knysna, along the Garden Route, with breakfast
- 1 night at a 4* hotel in Port Elizabeth with breakfast
- 2 nights at the 4* Kariega Main Lodge at Kariega Game Reserve on a full board basis
- 5 dinners & 5 lunches included
- Morning & evening safaris at the spectacular Kariega Game Reserve. An authentic South African safari were you will experience close up viewings of the Big 5 – lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and buffalo
- City tour of Cape Town and a visit to Table Mountain
- Tour of the Cape Peninsula including the fishing village of Hout Bay, Duiker Island, Chapman’s Peak, the Cape of Good Hope, Simon’s Town & Kirstenbsch Gardens
- Visit to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned
- Visit to the Winelands of the Cape with wine tasting
- Tour to the penguins at Betty’s Bay & to Hermanus to see the humpback whales
- Visit to Monkeyland primate facility & Birds of Eden aviary
- A stop at Paul Saucer Bridge over Storms River Gorge
- Tour of Port Elizabeth
- Selection of fascinating agricultural visits including an Aberdeen-Angus Stud, dairy farms, ostrich farm, vegetable production farm & more
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement of €580pp applies.. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage.
- Optional insurance available from €45pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies and details will sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information.
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices, hotels & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply