Agricultural Educational Tour to Cyprus:
Discover a charismatic island full of fascinating culture and landscape, immersed in myth and riddled with ancient treasures on this 8-day escorted holiday.
Day 1 – Dublin to Larnaca
Arrival at Larnaca Airport. Meet your local tour guide and transfer to Larnaca. Check-into your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 – Nicosia
Breakfast at your hotel then start the day with a visit to a handicraft centre and see the traditional skills still performed, and then continue to the “Green Line” which divides the city, passing through the Venetian walls encircling the town and the Statue of Liberty. Here you will visit St. John’s Cathedral, main church of the Church of Cyprus. The church was built in 1662 on the ruins of Benedictine monastery. Later visit the city’s most popular area called “Laiki Yitonia”, the 19th century quarter which has now been restored to its former glory. This area has seen the restoration of houses that are typical examples of traditional Cypriot urban architecture and are used today as shops, restaurants and craft centres. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – Paphos Town
Breakfast at your hotel before visiting Antoniades Farm. From there, you’ll continue to the most famous landmark in Cyprus – Aphrodite’s Rock – the birthplace of the Goddess of Love & Beauty. You’ll then visit Paphos town where to visit the 13th century Chrysopolitissa church which is shared by the Anglican and Catholic congregation, who hold regular services at the invitation of the local Orthodox priest. You’ll see Saint Paul’s Pillar. Saint Paul visited Pafos in 45 AD in an attempt to convert the ruler of the time to Christianity. After lunch and some free time in the picturesque fishing harbour of Paphos we continue to the archaeological park, known as the House of Dionysos with the fabulously preserved mosaics and which dates back to the second century A.D. The name ‘House of Dionysus’ is mainly due to the many representations of Dionysus, the god of wine. The house most probably belonged to a member of the ruling Roman class or to a wealthy citizen of Paphos. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 – Farm Visit & Limassol Archaeological Museum
Breakfast at your hotel before visiting Amalthia Trading – Cyprus’s leading importer of fresh fruit and vegetables. You’ll enjoy a tour of the facilities along with an explanation of the integration of each department before visiting one of their farms. The aftenoon can be spent at your leisure. You could visit Limassol Archaeological Museum which is located across the road from the hotel or alternatively enjoy the pool & beach nearby. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 – Free Day
Breakfast at your hotel. Free day to relax & unwind or to see more of this fascinating city, your guide will help with various options for this day. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 6 – Troodos Mountains
Breakfast at your hotel before visiting a local winery in Omodos Village where you will see the production of wine and have a wine tasting session. Later visit the picturesque wine village of Omodos, which still retains its charm and beauty. Walk along the cobbled square, old stone-built houses, local wineries, a Medieval wine press and after visiting the monastery of Timios Stavros (Holy Cross), with its old icons and impressive woodcarvings. (Optional lunch available €20) You’ll enjoy a tour of Troodos Mountains, renowned since antiquity for its dense forests and rich mines. It is an area famous for fresh air, winding nature trails and scenic panoramas. You will visit the Environmental Centre that offers an insight on the Troodos National Park. It is linked to a small botanical and geological trail, where you can observe various plants and rock formations. Later visit the 11th century church of Ayios Nikolaos (a World Heritage Site). Then continue on to Kakopetria village. Offering a real taste of authentic Cyprus, the rustic Kakopetria village is amongst the most beautiful, nestled in the Solea Valley. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 7 – Half Day Excursion
Breakfast at your hotel. You’ll enjoy a half-day excursion to include a visit to the British Military Base then free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Dinner and overnight in your hotel.
Day 8 – Departure
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to the airport for departure for your flight home to Dublin.
- Return flights from Dublin to Paphos including taxes & charges
- 10 kg baggage allowance included
- Professional English speaking tour guide & return airport coach transfers
- 7 nights in the 4* Poseidonia Beach Hotel in Limassol with breakfast and evening meal included each day
- Full day excursion to Nicosia, St. John’s Cathedral and Laiki Yitonia
- Full day excursion to the Paphos, Aphrodite’s Rock and House of Dionysos
- Excursions to Troodos Mountains, Kakopetria village, Omodos
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement applies €210 pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 10kg baggage allowance
- Optional insurance available from €48pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply
|Departure: 13th Nov||Dublin (DUB) – Paphos (PFO)||
Flight Number: FR3332
11:15 – 18:25
|Return: 20th Nov||Paphos (PFO) – Dublin (DUB)||
Flight Number: FR3333
07:20 – 10:50
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533