Agricultural Tour of Enchanting Romania
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Romania’s stunning regions as you explore the fascinating world of traditional agriculture and indulge in local cuisine. Discover iconic landmarks like Bran Castle, famously known as Dracula’s Castle, and Peles Palace, as well as hidden gems like the Rupea Citadel in Brașov and a Bison farm in Aita Mare. Get up close with the local wildlife, including wild bears that roam the landscape.
Day 1 – Travel overnight by plane
On Day 1 of your travel itinerary to Romania, you will depart from Dublin Airport and land in Cluj. After your arrival, you will transfer to the incredible Turda Salt mine, an underground attraction that features stunning caverns, lakes, and even a Ferris wheel. You’ll have the opportunity to explore this unique and fascinating location before enjoying a delicious lunch at the Hunter Prince Castle. Later in the day, you’ll travel to the historic city of Sibiu, where you will check in to your accommodation and have the chance to relax and unwind.
Day 2 - Sibiu City Tour & Astra Museum
On this day you will begin with a city tour of Sibiu. You’ll have the opportunity to explore the charming cobblestone streets and admire the Gothic architecture of this beautiful city. Afterward, you’ll visit the Astra Museum, a fascinating open-air museum that captures the rich history and culture of the area. Here, you’ll learn about the traditional way of life and customs of the Romanian people through a variety of exhibits and displays folowed by lunch. Later in the evening, you can enjoy a delicious dinner at Benjamin Steakhouse (not included in the tour price) to cap off an unforgettable day.
Day 3 - Cheese tasting, live cooking, wine tasting, Sighisoara city tour & Amadou workshop
Day 3 of your travel itinerary in Romania will begin with a unique and delicious experience at Manufactura de Branza in the small town of Cund. You’ll enjoy a cheese tasting and brunch at a live cooking event. There also be a wine tasting to complement the cheese and enjoy the local flavors. Later in the day, you’ll transfer to the beautiful town of Sighisoara for a city tour. Here, you’ll explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Town and learn about the fascinating history of this ancient fortress. Finally, you’ll travel to the town of Corund to participate in a workshop on the processing of a unique mushroom used for leather and craft. This hands-on experience will provide you with a deeper understanding of the traditional handicrafts of the region.
Day 4 - Harghita area, sheepfold, beer tasting and bearhide in Baile Tusnad
On day 4 of your travel itinerary in Romania, you’ll embark on a 4-hour tour of the stunning Harghita area. The tour includes a visit to a local sheepfold, where you can witness firsthand the traditional way of raising sheep and producing cheese in the region. You’ll also have the opportunity to taste some of the local organic products. Later, you’ll head to Csolosor Brewery for a beer tasting and a delicious traditional lunch. In the evening, you’ll have the chance to see wild bears as you visit a local bear hide in Baile Tusnad. This experience will allow you to observe these magnificent animals in their natural habitat. Afterwards, you’ll retire to your accommodation, reflecting on another unforgettable day in Romania.
Day 5 - Viscri church, tradional lunch, Rupea citadel and Bison farm in Aita Mare
This day begins with a visit to the charming rural Viscri fortified church. This UNESCO World Heritage-listed site is an outstanding example of Saxon architecture and offers a glimpse into the country’s fascinating history. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a traditional lunch in the local area. Later, you’ll visit the impressive Rupea Citadel, an ancient fortress that dates back to the 14th century. Then you’ll head to the Bison farm in Aita Mare and learn about the conservation efforts being undertaken to protect this endangered species.
Day 6 - Muzeul Haszmann Pál & Farm vists.
Start this day with a visit to the fascinating agricultural museum, Muzeul Haszmann Pál. Here, you’ll have the chance to learn about traditional farming methods and explore the collection of agricultural machinery used in the region. Afterward, you’ll visit a vegetable farm in Covasna, where you can observe the process of growing and harvesting organic produce. Later you’ll visit Caten Farm, a family-owned farm that raises animals and produces traditional products and you’ll have the chance to taste some of the farm’s delicious homemade goods.
Day 7 - Bran Castle, Laptareasa din Tohan Farm, Peles Palace & wine tasting
you’ll begin this day with a visit to the world-famous Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle. This historic landmark offers a fascinating insight into the country’s history and mythology. Afterward, you’ll visit Laptarea din Tohan Farm, which is known for producing organic milk, cheese, and sour cream. Afterwards indulge in a tasting of the farm’s delicious offerings. Later you’ll visit Peles Palace, a beautiful castle nestled in the Carpathian Mountains, which offers an insight into the lavish lifestyle of the Romanian royals. Finally, you’ll enjoy a wine tasting in Urlati. Overnight in Bucharest
Day 8 - Parliament Palace, Obor Market, Rosu farm.
Today in Bucharest you will visit the famous Parliament Palace, one of the largest administrative buildings in the world. Next, you will head to the Obor Market. After, you will enjoy a traditional lunch before heading to the Cocosu Farm, where you will learn more about traditional Romanian agriculture and livestock. Finally, you will have some free time in Bucharest for shopping. Overnight in Bucharest
Day 9 - Freetime and departure
Free time before you transfer to the airport for your afternoon flight.
Bucharest to Dublin 12:35 – 14:30
Agricultural Tour of Romania
Tour Price per person from
Select available date to book this holiday. Prices are per person and based on two people sharing.
Phone us on 01-8434734
Why Book with us?
- Irish owned & operated and have been in business since 2003
- Experienced and professional staff
- 24-hour emergency service
- Professional guides
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533
Our Price Includes
- Arrival flight from Dublin to Cluj including taxes & charges
- Departing flight from Bucharest to Dublin including taxes & charges
- Transport and coaching throughout
- 9 breakfasts and 7 lunches
- 3 evening meals
- cheese tasting, wine tasting and beer tasting
- 2 nights in the Sibiu at the Continental Forum Hotel 4*
- 2 nights in Sighisoara at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Cavaler 4*
- 2 nights in Brasov at the Qosmo Hotel 4*
- 2 nights in Bucharest at the Europa Royale 4*
- A selection of farm visits
- All enterance fees at tourist sites
- all coach transfers
- Professional guide for all 9 days of the tour
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges. Single Room supplement (€300.00) on single rooms. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed. Your booking is made with GTI Travel (the Organiser). You are authorising GTI Travel to act as your agent and we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the provider (travel provider) of the travel related service, including among others, airlines, hotels, insurance companies, coach hire companies, transfer companies and various destination management companies. You are bound by the travel provider’s terms and conditions of booking. We are acting as your agent in arranging your booking and the travel provider is the principal or the agent to the principal. Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350 required at time of booking. Balance due 10 weeks before departure. Price based on minimum of 38 paying. Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage & 20kg Checked-in luggage. hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change. Booking terms & conditions apply. Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0533. E&OE Booking terms & conditions apply
Send us an enquiry
Please note all balances are due 10 weeks before departure.
Do you have any questions?
Call us today for a no-obligation consultation with one of our group tour specialists.